The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remembering Leonard D. Ferucci

Thanks, Paul!!!

I sent you a PM ...

Bill Connor

Paul, we are sorry to learn about Len, your wonderful Dad. Do you remember John and I spent a couple of weeks training with you and Len in Arizona the one year you travelled with him?
    Many great memories, and Len the Legend will always be remembered.
    Our condolences
    Janice & John

To those who have sent me personal messages--thank you. Apparently I have to post 10 x here before I can reply with a personal message. Send me your email address and we can correspond that way. Merry Christmas,
    --Paul

Dad's service will be January 14th at 4 pm in Anchorage. St. Anthony's catholic church, followed by a celebration of life reception at The Petroleum Club.

My email address is: Ferucci@Alaska.com
    --Paul

Senior Member Moosetogooseranch's Avatar

Paul, we are so sorry for your family’s loss. Please give my best to Pat.
    While we never met, I did spend a fair amount of time with your father. We did everything from duck hunting to training, trialing and even sharing a room with him at two Nationals. Len taught me a lot about training a dog. He taught me how to be competitive from the derby all the way through a National contender. I stopped in to see him the last time I was in Anchorage and I’m so glad I did. Quite often I think of Len and even talk about his great dog skills to other trailers as I travel around the FT circuit with Ammo. This year when I was in Canada I thought about his National Am he won there. If I am ever so lucky he will be one of the first I think of. How neat for Len and I to be one and two on the all time derby list with our girls. Often in our discussions Len would say he thought it was 75 percent the bitch and 25 percent the male in producing puppies. He sure produced a lot of great dogs.

God Bless,

Bill
    Last edited by Moosetogooseranch; 12-24-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Bill & Micki
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Bill--please email me (my address is on previous thread) so I have your email address.
    Thanks,
    --Paul

Paul -
    We're so sorry to hear this and your loss. Len will leave a mark on the FT sport. His dogs were some of the best I have ever seen. He was one of the reasons I train dogs. I feel very lucky to have Gracie - a pup from Chica. His dogs live on through the many pups bred over the past years.

Hopefully, I'll see you and Daniel at Mighty Mites for skiing this season at Alyeska Resort.

Lorraine Maroney
    Home of Rosemont's Amazing Grace *** Gracie (FC-AFC Wood River's Franchise x Buckshot's Pure Pleasure MH)

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know it has been hard on your family. The last time I saw your Dad we were at Tudor Pond training so that would have been quite some time ago. Without a doubt, your Dad was a genious when it came to understanding and reading a dog. I'm sorry I can't be at your Dad's memorial. I'll be down south training during that time. However, I will keep him and your family in my thoughts down there.

Roy Redifer
    Willy Break Retrievers
    Wasilla, AK
    Last edited by Roy Redifer; 12-24-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Paul,

I am sorry to hear your father past away. I had the pleasure to spend a week with your him. We went elk hunting, did a little dog training, and watched is beloved Green Bay Packer on TV. He I will never forget him.

CF