The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HMMMMM....Looks Like I Was Correct!!!

Default HMMMMM....Looks Like I Was Correct (or not)!!!

Sorry all youse that whined about this kid using a "High-Powered ASSAULT WEAPON!!!"

He DIDN'T!!!!!
    NO assault weapon was used in the commission of this crime.

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/tod...08495#50208495

Anyways, that's what Law Enforcement says, what do they knw.

I told you I had read initial police reports that said the EVIL assault weapon was in the car.
    But the state run media ran wild with another "version.."
    And the leftys (that are on our side) ran with........hook deeply embedded in lip!!!!
    And I was admonished.

Feels pretty good to have told it the way it really was (the truth you all so fervently quest!!!!!).

Again, what law, in your wildest imagination would stop this crime??
    Last edited by road kill; 12-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

The law worked, he tried to buy a rifle and wasn't allowed.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Well, it looks like that report actually aired on 12/15 so it is possible that the info released by the medical examiner is actually correct. I'm not sure that we will ever get the straight story on the weapons as there is too much of an agenda here on the part of the anti gun groups.

I will say this again: it seems idiotic to me to be talking about creating new laws and regulations to attempt to prevent what is a truly rare occurrence. We are talking about trying to fix a problem that doesn't actually exist. The time, money, and effort would be better spent on preventing childhood obesity, smoking, or even seatbelt education.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Well, it looks like that report actually aired on 12/15 so it is possible that the info released by the medical examiner is actually correct. I'm not sure that we will ever get the straight story on the weapons as there is too much of an agenda here on the part of the anti gun groups.

I will say this again: it seems idiotic to me to be talking about creating new laws and regulations to attempt to prevent what is a truly rare occurrence. We are talking about trying to fix a problem that doesn't actually exist. The time, money, and effort would be better spent on preventing childhood obesity, smoking, or even seatbelt education.
    So the Police have it wrong??

Really!?!

Show the medical examiners report that says otherwise......standing by!
    Stan b & Elvis

The time, money, and effort would be better spent on preventing childhood obesity, smoking, or even seatbelt education.
    In the course of what's being discussed - Do you believe these to be governmental functions or parental obligations?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    In the course of what's being discussed - Do you believe these to be governmental functions or parental obligations?
    The progressives think EVERYTHING should be a function of the government!

Cradle to grave regards.............
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Good question Marvin

As to the weapon/weapons used, I really hope the FBI has if right and the statement from the coroner saying that ALL the wounds were from the rifle is wrong. Even more, if the FBI has it right, I REALLY hope that gets BIG coverage in the next few days, but since this report seems to be from the 15th, that seems very unlikely.

My point vis a vis obesity etc wasn't that it is the govt's responsibility, but that all those things pose greater threats to the youth of America than firearms do. Addressing your question, I do think that allowing children to become morbidly obese is a form of child abuse and same goes for failing to insist on seat-belt use, so in that respect, yes, I think that those two issues could reasonably come under the purview of the government, whether it be local, state, or national.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

As to the weapon/weapons used, I really hope the FBI has if right and the statement from the coroner saying that ALL the wounds were from the rifle is wrong. Even more, if the FBI has it right, I REALLY hope that gets BIG coverage in the next few days, but since this report seems to be from the 15th, that seems very unlikely.

My point vis a vis obesity etc wasn't that it is the govt's responsibility, but that all those things pose greater threats to the youth of America than firearms do. Addressing your question, I do think that allowing children to become morbidly obese is a form of child abuse and same goes for failing to insist on seat-belt use, so in that respect, yes, I think that those two issues could reasonably come under the purview of the government, whether it be local, state, or national.
    I found another report that claims the kid had 4 hand guns.
    Not once reported on the state run media............
    Stan b & Elvis

I'll keep this brief as there is a lot to do before the holidays but:

OBESITY - Are you OK with most schools dropping Phys Ed, when that's the only part of government that seemed to help?

SEAT BELTS - What part did you miss about them being a major revenue source? for the government that is - We raised 4 boys without seat belts, somehow managed to get through all that without damaging them, we must have been doing it wrong .

SMOKING - You didn't address this, I await your reply - & then I'll have more .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!