The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Does anyone think going "over" isn't a done deal?

Default Does anyone think going "over" isn't a done deal?

I've stated in the past, it's exactly what Obama wanted. He and his sycophantic press will of course, blame it entirely on the Republicans. Boehner was on a fools errand from the get-go. I'm proud of the conservatives that understand "IT'S THE SPENDING, STUPID!"

Here's a prevelant view by anyone with a modicum of common sense.

"It's not the U.S. economy that's facing this alleged cliff," writes our friend Doug Casey, "it's the U.S. government.

"It just goes to show how hopeless the situation is when people equate the government with the economy. They're two entirely different things. The only way to revitalize the U.S. economy is a vast reduction in taxes and a vast reduction in government spending.

"Instead, these idiots are arguing over how much to raise taxes and how little they can cut spending. Of course, it will be a disaster."

He goes on to say in effect, now's not the time to be in the market, and especially in the bond market.

Come to think of it, when I watch the 'talking head' shows concerning SOBs, they are in a panic when talking about the 'cliff'. So I wonder if we are to assume the last thing they want to happen is going 'over', so THEY don't crash. Seems to me, they would rather see higher taxes, than a complete collapse in their job welfare. Some of you that carry large portfolios might be able to explain it so I can be better informed about what I'm listening to.

Like I've stated on several occasions since Obama's re-election, he couldn't care less about SOLVING the economic problems, in fact he's relishing in the idea of this nation's economy being crushed. His only desire is to get the Republicans to cave on their most iconic principle of the party...NOT RAISING TAXES. His total focus is to demand higher rates for the earners over _______ whatever level, it doesn't matter...it's the principle of it that he wants crushed. That is ALL the prince of fools is after. He is, after all, the leader of the "class envy crowd"...the SFN and OWS crowd...the I'm for getting from Obama's stash crowd...the free ice cream crowd...that IS his constituancy.

Only the totally imbecilic fools in this nation believe the taxes from the "rich" will resolve all the deficit problems. When in reality, even the majority of double digit IQs over 75 understand that if the government took a 100% of every dollar owned by the millionaires/billionaires, it wouldn't run this money-grabbing government sow for a month.

Fortunately, there are some in Congess who understand that, and also realize that it wouldn't matter how this fiasco is determined, it will ALWAYS BE BLAMED ON THE REPUBLICANS. So, what's the worst that can happen? At least they will remain true to their constituants that ALL KNOW..."IT'S THE SPENDING, STUPID"!!!!!

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I predicted this before but they are both playing a "high stakes game of chicken" IMO both sides have a poison pill strategy and both have a doomsday hail mary plan...each side is trying to make the other side get caught holding their cards and then the finger pointing will begin
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I predicted this before but they are both playing a "high stakes game of chicken" IMO both sides have a poison pill strategy and both have a doomsday hail mary plan...each side is trying to make the other side get caught holding their cards and then the finger pointing will begin
    An important item left out of this equation.....Obama said he would veto that bill.
    So, why comprimise your integrity to you constituents to appease Obama, only to have the bill veto'd any way and then have the progressives use your vote against you??

Does anyone get what I am trying to say here?

I say let the Bush tax cuts expire.
    Obama can blame all he wants.
    But when people who pay NO taxes (mostly Obama voters) have to start paying...........the reaction will be comical!!!!!!

When will Obama be responsible for anything besides killing Bin Laden??
    Stan b & Elvis

We all know where the toady press is pointing those crocked fingers...at those of us in the Tea Partys. Matters not, we know the truth, whether the fools following Obama want to admit it or not..."IT'S THE SPENDING, STUPID"!!!

UB

From The Tea Party Patriots

With the failure of “Plan B” in the House last night, it appears very likely that the “fiscal cliff” is going to arrive. Of course, the mainstream media is blaming Tea Party-minded (read: principled) Congressmen for not supporting the plan.

This is outrageous, and an insult to the American people. Yes, principled Members of Congress held the line on tax hikes. Yes, Speaker Boehner has been awful in negotiating an alternative to the “fiscal cliff." But in the end, blame lies almost exclusively on the backs of two people: President Obama and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (R-NV).

Consider that even before details of “Plan B” had been released, President Obama and Senator Reid had already declared the legislation dead. The Senate departed Washington until after Christmas, and President Obama went on vacation, leaving the nation on auto-pilot as we speed toward the fiscal cliff. Apparently, kicking the proverbial can down the road is more important than actually doing the jobs for which both men were elected. Apparently, the ideology of raising taxes is more important than actually solving the spending problem that Washington has.

Because of their lack of leadership, America is likely to go over the fiscal cliff. Yet looking at the facts, it’s clear that raising taxes and not cutting spending really is the problem:

A major study has found that the combination of expiring tax cuts and the implementation of ObamaCare will cost the country 710,000 jobs.

Imposing a 100% tax on all households earning more than $250,000 – the “wealthy,” according to the President and Senator Reid – would keep Washington running for only 190 days according to Walter E. Williams.

The government currently spends about of $30.60 per hour on welfare compared to the median income of $25.03 per American worker according to a study by Congressional Research Service.

Cutting taxes in a time of economic stagnation would help boost the economy, boost employment, and increase revenue to the federal government to reduce the deficit.

Many in the media and Washington will try to accuse the Tea Party of causing the dive over the “fiscal cliff.” Yet, we have outlined over the last 12 days, 12 solutions that would be a positive step in the right direction. It is time for Washington to stop avoiding their responsibilities, as they seem to have done here by leaving the country speeding on auto-pilot toward the fiscal cliff.

Last edited by Uncle Bill; 12-22-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Boehner, which is in my district , is in real trouble. Even Jean Schmitt,in the district next door, voted against him Thursday night. She has always been a loyal rug but realized where it got her. She lost her primary and seat in the house because of this voting record.

I heard this stated and agree with the statement. The republicans should have left the top 2 rates the same and lowered the bottom 3 rates by 10 to 20 percent. Voted, passed and thrown it to the Senate and left town. Taxes are already being raised on the 250k through Obama Care in 2013. We just need a better speaker which doesn't talk like he has a mouth full of food.

I do believe that whatever they do eventually past will be retroactive back to the 1st of the year. This will/could create a accounting nightmare for some small business owners.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 12-22-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Boehner, which is in my district , is in real trouble. Even Jean Schmitt,in the district next door, voted against him Thursday night. She has always been a loyal rug but realized where it got her. She lost her primary and seat in the house because of this voting record.

I heard this stated and agree with the statement. The republicans should have left the top 2 rates the same and lowered the bottom 3 rates by 10 to 20 percent. Voted, passed and thrown it to the Senate and left town. Taxes are already being raised on the 250k through Obama Care in 2013. We just need a better speaker which doesn't talk like he has a mouth full of food.

I do believe that whatever they do eventually past will be retroactive back to the 1st of the year. This will/could create a accounting nightmare for some small business owners.
    Lowering the bottom 3 rates and leaving the top 2 rates alone is an idea I have not heard. Wonder why???

its the worst case of NO LEADERSHIP I have ever seen! Someone Please stand up and lead this country. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Lowering the bottom 3 rates and leaving the top 2 rates alone is an idea I have not heard. Wonder why???
    It makes prefect sense by removing class warfare. Then he could follow Saul Allinsky's rule 9,11 and 12 just like Obama by leaving town.

* RULE 9: “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist. (Perception is reality. Large organizations always prepare a worst-case scenario, something that may be furthest from the activists’ minds. The upshot is that the organization will expend enormous time and energy, creating in its own collective mind the direst of conclusions. The possibilities can easily poison the mind and result in demoralization.)

* RULE 11: “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem. (Old saw: If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Activist organizations have an agenda, and their strategy is to hold a place at the table, to be given a forum to wield their power. So, they have to have a compromise solution.)

* RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 12-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.