The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: GDG ... Computer Question

Default GDG ... Computer Question

My google email keeps telling me my browser is outdated. I'm running IE8. The MS website says that since I'm running XP, IE8 is the newest version of IE that is supported by XP. I will admit that IE stops responding (requiring shut-down) annoyingly too often.

Have any of you tried Google's Chrome browser? (since I can't try IE9)
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

My Son in law has chrome and likes it better than IE. Does anyone have an all in one ? I was wondering if it's better than a tower,since mine died today.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    My google email keeps telling me my browser is outdated. I'm running IE8. The MS website says that since I'm running XP, IE8 is the newest version of IE that is supported by XP. I will admit that IE stops responding (requiring shut-down) annoyingly too often.

Have any of you tried Google's Chrome browser? (since I can't try IE9)
    IE8 is fairly old but you are right in that it is all that is supported by XP...XP is over 10 years old now and they will not be supporting it any longer very shortly. I would buy a copy of Windows 7 before you are forced into windows 8 haha.

As for Chrome, yes it is vastly better. As a web developer that is all I use except testing to make sure my websites work in other browsers. Chrome is faster, in general less security flaws and their updates happen behind the scenes which is nice. The interface will obviously be a bit different but it is nice to get used to.

One feature I really like about Chrome that may not make a difference for you is that the browser syncs with itself. When I add a new favorite at work and come home I still have the favorite. If I add a new widget at home I have it at work.

Cody, since XP actually has worked pretty well for those 10 years, I've been loathe to change. Glad I never ventured into Vista, but have heard that Windows 7 did seem to be reliable.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.