The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: e collar recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    What is the difference between a Flyway and a 200............

john
    The 200 has a silver buckle and costs about $20 more, the buckle on the Flyway is flat black, besides that they function the exact same according to customer service at TT.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The 200 has a silver buckle and costs about $20 more, the buckle on the Flyway is flat black, besides that they function the exact same according to customer service at TT.
    Thats what I thought ....... the last time I checked At Lion Country in their Fall and Winter Catalogue for 2012, the Pro 200 EXP was $447 and the Flyway Special was $419
    The Pro 500 EXP was $509

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 12-30-2012 at 11:47 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

I asked a TT rep once why the Flyway was a little cheaper. He said it was because of the targeted group of buyers (hunters) vs. dog trainers. Go figure.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Actually, on the G2 the 200 has tone, where as the flyway is inactive, except on the camo version. Not sure about the G3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Dawg View Post
    Actually, on the G2 the 200 has tone, where as the flyway is inactive, except on the camo version. Not sure about the G3.
    The G3 flyway has tone also.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    I now have the Pro 500. I went through the progression from Classic 70, Flyway to Pro 500. My recommendation is to say yourself some expense in the long run and go to the 500.
    I started with the Tritonics "Judge" in 1992, it's basically a 70, then got a TT LR-200 in 94 and finally a first generation Pro-500 in 1998. I still use the Pro 500 daily, it works perfect and has been used and abused over many years training and hunting. I would get another 500 in a heartbeat, but my fourteen year old one just keeps working.

I use more nicks than burns in my training regimine ....... But if I need the continuous, the six levels of continuous stimulation variation of the flyway or 200, when coupled with years of duartion application, ostensibly gives one an infinate number of durations to work with ( read at least 12 more ) in the continuous mode.

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 12-31-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

pro 500 for sure

" I've got tone , firing" ... As Mike mentioned ,"I don't need 18 levels " I use a pro 100 , I rarely use a nick button ...I use the 2 and 3 levels with the different combination of low ,med ,high ...I would buy a Flyaway before a pro 200..and no way a 500....Steve S
    Last edited by steve schreiner; 01-07-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner13 View Post
    I currently have a SportDog Wetlandhunter 1825. I dont dislike the collar but I have had some issues with it working properly on a regular basis.
    I too, have that same model Sport Dog and find that it will sometimes stimulate and sometimes not. Even at Close range. I've checked the power with the little light tester that came with it and it seems fine. The tone seems to always work, as well. I don't know what's up. The reason that I bought it was because I have new pup (8 months old now) and could not find the TT Flyway Special that I bought for another dog that I had in it he late '90s. It had stopped working, I changed the battery in the transmitter and collar and it still didn't work, so I put it up. Until then it was great and never failed. I recently found it while I was packing some things in the attic and am now thinking of trying to get it repaired and using it rather than the SD 1825. I know that there is a company that will rebuild the TT but don't recall who or where they are. Can someone let me know who that might be? Also is the older style still TT worth fixing, or have newer advancements surpassed them to the point where I may be better off not fixing the old (c. 1999) Flyway Special. As you can see, I've been out of this for a while and can use any help you are willing to offer.