The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding Interview in Golden Retriever News with Judy Rasmuson

Thanks again, to Glenda and Sylvia, for all the hard work putting that wonderful field issue together. I even caught the black lab guy reading it and marvelling at what a spectacular publication the GRNews is.
    Jean

MHR Firemark Serendipity ***, MH, CDX, NA, NAJ, NF "Seren"
    WR Firemark Little Hot Tee***, "Tee"
    FC AFC Wigeons Carbon Chip, "Chip"
    AFC Patton's Moby Nick, "Nick"
    Silvertip's Secret Weapon, "Laser"
    Robber's Duck and Run, "Quick" forever in our hearts

My GRCA came yesterday. Looks like another great issue. Thanks for all the hard work that goes into it. I read the article on judy first. Very well done. I have been fortunate to see Judy run her dogs at trials when I was in Montana. After Christmas I will have time to enjoy the field issue.
    Field trialer. I have an FC Golden Retriever and running trials Casey and a retired FT black lab Lightning.
    Marie Annette Doherty

Quote Originally Posted by Bait View Post
    Also loved your ad on Tulley!
    ditto!

And Judy's article is a keeper, for sure!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Wonderful tribute to Bait's dogs and love of hunting them. You and Kathy are a great team as well as the canine family. You'll have to autograph my program the next time we see each other at a Specilty! Cheers and Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Burns View Post
    Wonderful tribute to Bait's dogs and love of hunting them. You and Kathy are a great team as well as the canine family. You'll have to autograph my program the next time we see each other at a Specilty! Cheers and Happy New Year!
    Geez, thanks Bev! Was actually worried that it turned into more of an autobiography than a little "nudge" into giving upland hunting a try. (to those who haven't yet tried it, and want to) That's what it was meant to be. Just didn't want it to sound like a training manual, or instructional. Glenda has gotten plenty of very knowledgable people to write articles for that. I just wanted to help encourage those who thought about it, (and needed a nudge off the porch) to use that training and their Goldens for upland hunting.
    And, as for the autograph, I Want yours! And, I'll go one better,.......the next time you and Jerry, and me and Kathy get together, I'm buyin' first round! ......Tullamore Dew, is it?
    Last edited by Bait; 12-29-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    John Baitinger

Bait that was a great article, very much enjoyed reading it. I love that whole issue, lots of great "field" Goldens, that pic of Bev's Tully shows how hndsome he is. "They call me Tully", I love it.

Even having known Judy Rasmuson for many years, it is impossible to not be overwhelmed by reading the history of her and her Goldens. In an era where it is very hard to title a single Golden in field trials, just a couple years ago she had four FC or AFC or both titled Goldens at one time. She titled her first two or three dogs as a complete amateur. She has a long history of FC AFC Goldens and Labs. She doesn't make excuses or blame politics when her dogs don't do well, she just bears down and works harder. She has high standards and hih expectations for her dogs. Quite impressive.

John

Loved it all! This is my first issue of GR News and I felt like my 3 yr old granddaughter must have felt on Christmas day! Great informative interview with Judy R. Can you imagine being an Amateur and getting invited to winter training with Jackie M and Mike Lardy ??? Holy Cow!

Loved seeing that Bait has an upland hunting article - saved it for reading today! Can't wait. And love all of Glenda Brown's work and everyone's advertising. Might be the only magazine in the world that I love the ads so much!!

I'm giddy and can't wait to dig in deeper when I get home from work!

Default It's on the breed club web site.

I have also been waiting for my GRnews, but the article is on the GRCA site. I can't post the url until I have at least 5 posts, or I would give you the direct link.

My GRCA News just arrived today ..will be reading tonight.

In the meantime, though...Kathy and Bait, a most beautiful, humbling tribute and love of..."Zeke"...

Judy
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec CDX MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Thanks, Judy.
    John Baitinger