The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best All-Around Boat

Default Best All-Around Boat

So, I am in the market for a new boat. I am looking for something that I can hunt, fish, and just enjoy being on the water in. I'll hunt in rivers and bays. Need something big enough to carry at least 2 hunters and a dog, and associated gear. Thanks.

Brian
    Brian Caudle
    Marriner's Lady Piper of Coratank "Piper" JH

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Blind View Post
    So, I am in the market for a new boat. I am looking for something that I can hunt, fish, and just enjoy being on the water in. I'll hunt in rivers and bays. Need something big enough to carry at least 2 hunters and a dog, and associated gear. Thanks.

Brian
    I would buy a Lund Alaskan. You can beat the hell out of it and it will last. The Alaskan is used by most guides in Canada.

Lund's are good.. Take a look at Duck Water Boats in Ohio... They have some nice rigs...
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Blind View Post

Brian
    I think a lot would depend upon the shallowest/deepest water you would hunt.

Sorry, phone posted before I was done:

anyway, there are a lot of places I would be able to go with my converted tracker aluminum bass boat that I wouldn't be able to take a standard v hull, and there's a lot of water I don't dare hunt with my tracker where a v hull would make me feel a lot safer....
    Last edited by Deleted On Request; 12-25-2012 at 06:36 PM.

I have a War Eagle that I have hunted out of for the last two seasons and fished from last summer and have been very happy with the ride, quality, and how it hunts. The only issue I have had was the cano material of the seats fades very quickly, but has held up well other than that.
    "Feetdown Beatdown Razr's Edge"

Try looking into a gatortail.
    Www.gator-tail.com

You need about 5 boats.

one for big water

one for real big water

one for shallow water

one for real shallow water

one for everything else...

that should just about cover it...

Old Alaskan regards...
    Bill Davis

I see you live in RI so propably hunt in the ocean the 20 ft Lund Alaskan is a good boat handles big water good and can go in shallow.I have the 20 alaskan with 90 suzuki very pleased have shot birds out of it and caught bass,lake trout and many salmon from it good boat for everything.I also have a flatbottom with a mud motor great for marshes but not best for big water if I would have only one boat the Alaskan would be it.

Go with the alaskan you will love it.

I can run in about foot water with the front trolling motor with the back one up.