RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Best All-Around Boat

11K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  jmay 
#1 ·
So, I am in the market for a new boat. I am looking for something that I can hunt, fish, and just enjoy being on the water in. I'll hunt in rivers and bays. Need something big enough to carry at least 2 hunters and a dog, and associated gear. Thanks.

Brian

#18 ·
#4 · (Edited)
I think a lot would depend upon the shallowest/deepest water you would hunt.

Sorry, phone posted before I was done:

anyway, there are a lot of places I would be able to go with my converted tracker aluminum bass boat that I wouldn't be able to take a standard v hull, and there's a lot of water I don't dare hunt with my tracker where a v hull would make me feel a lot safer....

#5 ·
I have a War Eagle that I have hunted out of for the last two seasons and fished from last summer and have been very happy with the ride, quality, and how it hunts. The only issue I have had was the cano material of the seats fades very quickly, but has held up well other than that.

#20 ·
So true!!!!We are at 4 with the final coming this summer.....Four Rivers-Refuge Runner. Jim

#8 ·
I see you live in RI so propably hunt in the ocean the 20 ft Lund Alaskan is a good boat handles big water good and can go in shallow.I have the 20 alaskan with 90 suzuki very pleased have shot birds out of it and caught bass,lake trout and many salmon from it good boat for everything.I also have a flatbottom with a mud motor great for marshes but not best for big water if I would have only one boat the Alaskan would be it.

#21 ·
Go with one of the larger Edge boats. Edge boats are the real deal. They are new to the market, but better than any boat i have ever seen or drove.

#25 ·
I had a War Eagle and did not feal safe in Big Water(Great Lakes) and went with a DuckWrangler Boat. I can let my young kids run back and forth in boat without worrying about them falling out. My boat will draft in very little water, we were actually pulling the boat in 6-7" of water in Saginaw Bay. My Pick Order if running really Big Water to Rivers would be:
1. Bankes, I bought a used Duckwrangler which is similar because I could not afford a new Bankes. Other similar boats: Duckwater, TDB.
2. Lund Alaskan

Our Family owns only one boat and we use it for everything- Fishing, Tubing and Most Important Hunting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.