The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Homeward Bound Project of MS

Default Homeward Bound Project of MS

I haven't seen this on RTF yet, so I wanted to share a story I read about a really neat program that Miss. State Veterinary school students began called Homeward Bound Project of MS, and I'd like to share it with you.

As you know if you live in the country, there are some really cruel people out there that dump unwanted pets on the roadside. Many times these are pregnant females, and it is just sickening.

The students of MS State have created a program which transports dogs from animal shelters in MS where they would normally be euthanized to animal shelters in the NE where they are being adopted.

I found their website and read all about the program. What a great idea! I also noticed that they are trying to raise funds to purchase a 'transport van'. I want to help them raise their goal to purchase this van and need your help!! Please donate a little to this very worthy cause and tell all of your dog friends about it.

Here is the link to the 'transport van' page. Maybe we can raise enough awareness to reach their goal and give them their 'transport van' for Christmas!!

http://www.homewardboundofms.org/tra...e-project.html

Hey it would be nice if we could get this as a Sticky.. Im not sure how to do that???? but this is a great project..

My wife and i live in Starkville and are both Graduates of the University. We are both dog lovers and try to get involved in as many things we can with the great vet school we have there...

Thank you for posting this...

Wow this is awesome!! When I first posted this story the HOMEWARD BOUND OF MS 'Transport Van' goal was funded only $7200. It is now over $54,000!!

Too bad this thread has not been nearly as popular as others. BUMP BUMP BUMP!!

http://www.homewardboundofms.org/tra...e-project.html

I don't know about your state, but I live in Mississippi way out in the country.....way out! The low life of our state bring unwanted dogs to our neighborhood and abandon them. Very often they are dumping pregnant females. A neighbor of ours has set up a temporary animal shelter to rescue these unwanted dogs. In the past, we didn't dare take them to a shelter because they would be euthanized.

I've captured several dogs who've been beaten and abandoned. It is terribly sad, and finally somebody is doing something about it. This is a VERY worthy cause. PLEASE, spread the word and help these college kids do a VERY GOOD thing in 2013. YAY!!

Tammy, it sounds like a great program. Thank you.