The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NY newspaper publishes names, addresses and a map of all local residences who have a

Default NY newspaper publishes names, addresses and a map of all local residences who have a

A NY newspaper published a list of all local gun owners with addresses and map. The informaton was obtained through the freedom of information act. I wonder whether those who don't possess a gun will be the most disturbed or those that do. Not only do criminals have the addresses but also a map showing homes THAT DO NOT POSSESS A GUN. You think it might have the effect of a run to aquire a gun permit and gun by those that don't have one?

Someone on Facebook shared the names, addresses and phone numbers of the writer, president, editors and CEO of the paper that published the article. Can't say if the info is accurate. Hope it is.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Did the paper give a reason for this? What was the point of the article?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Did the paper give a reason for this? What was the point of the article?
    I guess you would call it a community service. they said they wanted to let the public know if their neighbors had guns. Sort of like letting the community know where the pedifiles of the community lived. Needless the editor and reporter stood proudly as non gun owners. M&K was correct in that the addresses of the editor and publisher were made public on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I guess you would call it a community service. they said they wanted to let the public know if their neighbors had guns. Sort of like letting the community know where the pedifiles of the community lived. Needless the editor and reporter stood proudly as non gun owners. M&K was correct in that the addresses of the editor and publisher were made public on Facebook.
    Interesting comparison. Legal gun owners and pediphiles? Quite frankly I find the newspapers actions and their ulterior motive to be disgusting. It is my hope that the people whose privacy they violated will sue the crap out of them. If someone had published the names of every home where a legal civil union or gay marriage license had been obtained you would have heard a large sucking sound followed by a loud screech from the liberal lamestream media. This country has lost its collective mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Interesting comparison. Legal gun owners and pediphiles? Quite frankly I find the newspapers actions and their ulterior motive to be disgusting. It is my hope that the people whose privacy they violated will sue the crap out of them. If someone had published the names of every home where a legal civil union or gay marriage license had been obtained you would have heard a large sucking sound followed by a loud screech from the liberal lamestream media. This country has lost its collective mind.
    The interesting point to me is whether they hurt those who do not have a gun permit as opposed to those who do. Frankly, I would be more upset had I been shown not to have a gun permit. It would be interesting to know those who would want it known publicly that they had no gun in their homes.

PS
    You might also equate those without gun permits also to those of known pediphiles.

Low life rag of a Newspaper..

Newspapers are a dying entity.

It would seem to me,, that looking at the pure number of people affected by either the paper showing thay had guns,, or showing they are unprotected,, it would be very easy by the means of Boycott to put that paper out of business.. (both sides should be outraged)

Let those folks that thought they were cute by publishing the information,, have to go out and find another job..

Like I said,, Newspapers are dying on a daily basis
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Actually, I read that the reporter has a CC for his 357 Magnum
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Wonder how many of these guns will be stolen in the next few weeks. I really try to limit the number of folks who know that there are guns in my house just as I don't advertise the camera equipment as both are attractants to thieves, and I can't be home ALL the time.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

You should note that shotguns and rifles in those areas do not require a permit...so there are more than likely several homes with rifles and shotguns not shown on the map...
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot