The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Racehorse lovers - Black Caviar - best in the world? gdg

  1. #1
    Senior Member Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,280

    Default Racehorse lovers - Black Caviar - best in the world? gdg

    Black Caviar is an Australian racehorse, voted apparently? by the World federation the best sprinter in the world.

    She won her 12th race yesterday, from 12 starts.

    Some may enjoy watching her latest win via youtube.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvlojjOwcW4
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

    sometimes poop under my boots.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Colonel Blimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mid Wales UK
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Julie,

    She can certainly step it out a bit and yes, I enjoyed the video, thanks a lot. I'd love to see her in the flesh though.

    I don't think she was voted best in the world, it was more of a calculation on the basis of a rating system similar to Timeform which carries a bit more validity than just an opinion..

    You guys have produced some really startling sprinters in the last few years and Caviar is undoubtedly the best of a very good lot. However far as I know she hasn't raced outside Oz, or indeed on anything other than flat right hand ovals, so the claim is a bit academic in my view.

    If she could travel to Churchill Downs, Epsom or Longchamp and win The Kentucky Derby, The Derby or The Arc we wouldn't need a calculation, it'd plain for all to see. Again I'd love to see her run in The Arc, which I regard as the pinnacle. Might be a bit long for her but it would be a wonderful sight. Put it like this, if she entered The Arc I think my ticket on Eurostar would be money well spent.

    Eug

    PS (We'll be at Punchestown for the Gold Cup on May 4, the day I qualify for my State Pension (being now past mark of mouth!) Look out bookies, The Management can smell your money again!) http://www.punchestown-festival.com/gold-cup.html
    Last edited by Colonel Blimp; 04-10-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    Thank you, very kind, Mine's a pint.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Green Mountain, Co
    Posts
    2,311

    Default

    Ah horse racing. It is exciting. I use to go to the races in Los Angeles and they were hugely entertaining. About the only thing I miss about southern California. I do wish Colorado had racing.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Breck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Elverson, PA
    Posts
    2,417

    Default

    Hi Julie,
    I noticed you've posted about horses quite a few times.
    Do you know many people in the racing game in Australia? Maybe Renata Coleman?
    My first dog Humewood Simba is now 12. I got her as a puppy from Renata and wing shooter Alex Brant. At the time they had a place in Kiltigan Ireland called Humewood. My girl Simba was sired by their dog Darkie. Renata and Alex now have a shooting lodge way up in northern Scotland.
    Anyway, I don't know much about horse racing but I'm pretty sure she does well with her horses in Australia. If I recall she acquired a very nice colt about 4 years ago at a sale who I think was a full brother to one of your big stake winners.
    If you know her and happen to run into her say hello for me!
    Cheers
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

    .
    Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie




  5. #5
    Senior Member Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Blimp View Post

    I don't think she was voted best in the world, it was more of a calculation on the basis of a rating system similar to Timeform which carries a bit more validity than just an opinion..
    Voted by this mob: http://www.ifhaonline.org/home.asp

    Hyy Colonel Blimp, at the same meeting a newly purchased UK horse also won, at very long odds. Was previously owned by the Queen. (In jest it is suggested by one commentator Lizzie needed to sell, to pay for her grandson wedding).

    The media have suggested the owners of Black Caviar are contemplating Ascot.
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

    sometimes poop under my boots.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Hi Julie,
    I noticed you've posted about horses quite a few times.
    Do you know many people in the racing game in Australia? Maybe Renata Coleman?
    My first dog Humewood Simba is now 12. I got her as a puppy from Renata and wing shooter Alex Brant. At the time they had a place in Kiltigan Ireland called Humewood. My girl Simba was sired by their dog Darkie. Renata and Alex now have a shooting lodge way up in northern Scotland.
    Anyway, I don't know much about horse racing but I'm pretty sure she does well with her horses in Australia. If I recall she acquired a very nice colt about 4 years ago at a sale who I think was a full brother to one of your big stake winners.
    If you know her and happen to run into her say hello for me!
    Cheers
    Losthwy and Breck, I was a horse addict, who at one time was engaged to a trainers son. I enjoyed 3 day eventing also.

    Nowadays I am a labrador addict, a cheaper devotion.
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

    sometimes poop under my boots.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Blimp View Post
    Julie,

    She can certainly step it out a bit and yes, I enjoyed the video, thanks a lot. I'd love to see her in the flesh though.

    I don't think she was voted best in the world, it was more of a calculation on the basis of a rating system similar to Timeform which carries a bit more validity than just an opinion..

    You guys have produced some really startling sprinters in the last few years and Caviar is undoubtedly the best of a very good lot. However far as I know she hasn't raced outside Oz, or indeed on anything other than flat right hand ovals, so the claim is a bit academic in my view.

    If she could travel to Churchill Downs, Epsom or Longchamp and win The Kentucky Derby, The Derby or The Arc we wouldn't need a calculation, it'd plain for all to see. Again I'd love to see her run in The Arc, which I regard as the pinnacle. Might be a bit long for her but it would be a wonderful sight. Put it like this, if she entered The Arc I think my ticket on Eurostar would be money well spent.

    Eug

    PS (We'll be at Punchestown for the Gold Cup on May 4, the day I qualify for my State Pension (being now past mark of mouth!) Look out bookies, The Management can smell your money again!) http://www.punchestown-festival.com/gold-cup.html
    Australian Racehorse, So You Think didn't do too badly at Sandown in the UK, over the weekend??
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

    sometimes poop under my boots.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Colonel Blimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mid Wales UK
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Julie,

    I was doing doggy demos on Saturday afternoon so didn't follow the gees gees.

    Eug
    Thank you, very kind, Mine's a pint.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    2,280

    Default

    So You Think beat the Arc winner, Workforce.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/r...s-2306334.html
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

    sometimes poop under my boots.

  10. #10
    Senior Member dogcommand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Rats! the U-tube link is no longer available.
    "I love the winning, I can take the losing, but most of all I love to play"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •