The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our Different Currency

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I always want to put Franco on my Ignor list,, but I like things he says some of the times;0

I have spent some of this morning reading about thi "red "seal"
    I honestly didnt know this..
    It is very interesting.

here is another link..

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...comment-page-1
    You don't like any of my post yet you post a link that backs up what I've been saying?

"
    Normally, the way our current system works is that whenever more Federal Reserve Notes are created more debt is also created. This debt-based monetary system is systematically destroying the wealth of this nation. But it does not have to be this way. The truth is that the U.S. government still has the power under the U.S. Constitution to issue debt-free money, and we need to educate the American people about this.
    "
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Franco, u don't need Lowly Gooser to justify your posts,,,,,,,c,mon man!

witj this particular post however, I didn't know the reason for the red seal. I have learned something from a person of the blame everyone else but Me crowd.

Thanks Franco

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

I only blame the responsible political parties like the Repubs and the Dems for the mess and support the party trying to reform politics.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

An interesting story. Not exactly along the lines of this thread, but related.

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_289563/con...tguid=VPAFKWj9
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    An interesting story. Not exactly along the lines of this thread, but related.

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_289563/con...tguid=VPAFKWj9
    I read that - but you also might have missed the disclaimer , "she could be wrong".

IMO - folks are drawing the funds down for living expenses, whether that be need based or the fact that they have ample assets to cover their desires. We must not forget that the Fed's ZIRP policy has taken a lot of purchasing power from the folks who are savers.

But the guy is a FORMER analyst, most who are good at what they do are currently doing that by choice.

All in all, an article with a lot of chaff & possibly a kernel of wheat .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well, I know it distrubes many when (R) are pointed out as having faults as many here think they are perfect! The reality is that both parties are at fault as I have continuelly pointed out. Also, that things will not improve as long as the American voter buys into the policies of the Dems and Repubs as neither party offers anything real in terms of solutions. To ignore the fact that our economy and dollar are in trouble is to live in denial.
    While you are still one of the people I would very much enjoy dining with, I guess I'll not let you off the hook quite so easily. Admittedly, there are some pretty fanatical R's on this site.....I honestly can't think of one who at some point has not taken umbrage with Republican leadership over some issues. I am fully aware that Romney's policies would not have reversed our economic course but they certainly would have slowed the train wreck. Republican leadership may be Dem Lite's but you haven't read a single conservative post here if you've failed to notice the tenor of Republican/conservative rancor aimed at current policies.....economic and otherwise. I will admit to not reading your posts in totality lately......guess I've missed the parts where you've singled out any Democrat for ineffective leadership of late.

Had we stayed true to Gold as the backing of the dollar we would be in much better shape today because Gold has true value and not our Fed Reserve. Just think of what one could buy today with the dollar had it not been so raped by politicains and bankers! The Fed reserve attempting to palce a value on the dollar and determing what our money is worth is financial suicide. As Rand Paul so eloquently stated, "The USSR collapsed because they could not determine the price of bread and we are on the verge of collapse because we can not determine the value of our money". The Gold Standard would prevent this country from running up huge Deficits as we have to today.
    If if's and but's were candy and ........

I hope I'm wrong but I have written off the ability of this government to reverse this wreck.....(government meaning R, D, or L). There are more entanglements running through this government than the veins in a typical human brain. Republicans are inept and trying to figure out WTH happened, Democrats have found a winning formula (Hugo Chavez/class warfare) and will milk it to our collapse, Libertarians can't muster 5% of the vote....under no circumstances will they ever garner far left or far right vote and zero minority vote. Yes the Gold Standard would stop huge debt.....however, simply stating that the 'standard' is the panacea is to fail to acknowledge the insurmountable number of hurdles to it's return. Precisely why RP was being measured for a rubber room.

Artificial manipulation of our currency by our political appointees to speculate on the value of the dollar is a disasterous policy. The value of the dollar should always be determined by a Free Market and nothing else. That is, if we want a future for the dollar!
    "Free Market"/Eutopia.......let me know when the French, Chinese, South Koreans, etc., etc, offer to play by the exact same rules we do. Until then.....manipulation. Read "Currency Wars"......my apologizes for misspelling his name.....Rickards
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    While you are still one of the people I would very much enjoy dining with, I guess I'll not let you off the hook quite so easily. Admittedly, there are some pretty fanatical R's on this site.....I honestly can't think of one who at some point has not taken umbrage with Republican leadership over some issues. I am fully aware that Romney's policies would not have reversed our economic course but they certainly would have slowed the train wreck. Republican leadership may be Dem Lite's but you haven't read a single conservative post here if you've failed to notice the tenor of Republican/conservative rancor aimed at current policies.....economic and otherwise. I will admit to not reading your posts in totality lately......guess I've missed the parts where you've singled out any Democrat for ineffective leadership of late.

I hope I'm wrong but I have written off the ability of this government to reverse this wreck.....(government meaning R, D, or L). There are more entanglements running through this government than the veins in a typical human brain. Republicans are inept and trying to figure out WTH happened, Democrats have found a winning formula (Hugo Chavez/class warfare) and will milk it to our collapse, Libertarians can't muster 5% of the vote....under no circumstances will they ever garner far left or far right vote and zero minority vote. Actualy, the L's biggest growth over the last 4 years has come from Hispanics and Asians who are disenfranchised by the Repubs and Dems. The other big area of growth has been on college campuses. Many college students are realizing that the policies of the Repubs and Dems doesn't hold much hope for their future. For more info on this visit; lp.org Yes the Gold Standard would stop huge debt.....however, simply stating that the 'standard' is the panacea is to fail to acknowledge the insurmountable number of hurdles to it's return. Precisely why RP was being measured for a rubber room.

"Free Market"/Eutopia.......let me know when the French, Chinese, South Koreans, etc., etc, offer to play by the exact same rules we do. Until then.....manipulation. Read "Currency Wars"......my apologizes for misspelling his name.....Rickards Returning to a Free Market Economy would give us an advantage over these countries because Capitalism (not the crony style we currently practice) and Free Markets are the most productive forms for economic growth. It has been the Lobbyist and government do-gooders that have shackled the Free Market and given the advantages to other countries. This months' issue of The Atlantic(available on-line) had a very interesting article on why jobs are returning to the USA when left unfettered by our government.
    My responce is red.

Buzz, there is no doubt that more people don't trust Wall St. It has been one scandel after another and our government seems incapable of making the street honest.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-29-2012 at 06:39 AM.

I hope I'm wrong but I have written off the ability of this government to reverse this wreck.....(government meaning R, D, or L). There are more entanglements running through this government than the veins in a typical human brain. Republicans are inept and trying to figure out WTH happened, Democrats have found a winning formula (Hugo Chavez/class warfare) and will milk it to our collapse, Libertarians can't muster 5% of the vote....under no circumstances will they ever garner far left or far right vote and zero minority vote. Yes the Gold Standard would stop huge debt.....however, simply stating that the 'standard' is the panacea is to fail to acknowledge the insurmountable number of hurdles to it's return. Precisely why RP was being measured for a rubber room.

"Free Market"/Eutopia.......let me know when the French, Chinese, South Koreans, etc., etc, offer to play by the exact same rules we do. Until then.....manipulation. Read "Currency Wars"......my apologizes for misspelling his name.....Rickards
    Dback, I really enjoyed your post. Thoughtful and a good impression of your opinions. However let me remind you of RK's Jimmy V's quote. "Don't give up. Don't ever give up."

I am truly lucky. This winter , Franco and I will have the opportunity to have dinner and discuss the Gold Standard. Can't wait. Franco, the devil is in the details and I have quite a few details to ask you about the Gold Standard. So get ready because i intend to test your mind. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    I am truly lucky. This winter , Franco and I will have the opportunity to have dinner and discuss the Gold Standard. Can't wait. Franco, the devil is in the details and I have quite a few details to ask you about the Gold Standard. So get ready because i intend to test your mind. Looking forward to it.
    I pray for your sake that Bama fails to win another NC. An evening filled with his intolerable SEC schtick would ruin even the finest Ribeye.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

I pray for your sake that Bama fails to win another NC. An evening filled with his intolerable SEC schtick would ruin even the finest Ribeye.
    If (when) they win, I'll listen to him crow and then hit him up for some good oysters!