The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: New camera

Default New camera

Bought the wife a new Nikon 5100 camera for Christmas. I alos got the 55-300 lense to go with it. She loves it and now needs to learn how to take some good pics like some of you guys post. Here is one she took yesterday of one of the pups that is heading to Tx next week. Also one of the pups dam I took with my cell while hunting last week.

she will love it

buy her some classes at your local camera shop, they might offer free ones also. Helps get started

There's a firm that produces camera specific multimedia courses for about $15. Their label is "Magic Lantern" and here's the one on the Nikon 5100....

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Lantern-...deos+and+Nikon
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Thanks guys, I'll have her check them out.

Tell her to look here...http://www.kenrockwell.com/ I think it's a great site, especially for Nikon users. You could read it for days.

I have the same camera and he has a section about setting up the 5100, screen by screen. It's been really helpful to me. Saves a lot of guessing.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

She'll have fun. Here's lesson one and two: 1. Read the manual (if it came with one and if not print it out and then read it) and keep it in the camera bag for quick reference. 2. pertains to the photos posted, sit down or kneel, or even lay down to get to the subject's level. The perspective of photos taken at the subject's eye level are generally more pleasing. Happy shooting!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Banned

most camera shops offer classes on wekends

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Trammell View Post
    most camera shops offer classes on wekends

That's probably true, but many places don't have camera shops, the nearest one to me is about 3hrs away, for instance. One can also look for a camera club.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com