The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let it begin

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I think, "where we want to be", is to allow 2nd Amendment gun rights to be respected for the resonpsible citizen. The question know asks, "who is responsible?" JD

There are already laws that wont allow a convicted felon to own a gun.
    Domestic abusers either.
    There are age limitations. ect..

If you want to Qualify or REGULATE a Bill of RIGHTS ammendment,, dont you have to follow article V

The Fienstien bill talks of excessive tax,, and upon death,, confiscation!! WTH!!!

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-29-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What happened in England? I have read the breathless proclamations so I did a little searching of my own.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18900384
    You leave one wordless at times - I read that article & it says we did a random survey & folks believe they are safer - just what does that mean?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

You leave one wordless at times - I read that article & it says we did a random survey & folks believe they are safer - just what does that mean?
    Every source I have been able to find shows dropping crime relates and MUCH lower murder rates than ours. But you all can keep believing what you want.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    There are already laws that wont allow a convicted felon to own a gun.
    Domestic abusers either.
    There are age limitations. ect..

If you want to Qualify or REGULATE a Bill of RIGHTS ammendment,, dont you have to follow article V

Gooser
    OK, Mike.., I think any Tom, Dick, or Mike, should have access to any weapon they choose. Don't you? JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    OK, Mike.., I think any Tom, Dick, or Mike, should have access to any weapon they choose. Don't you? JD
    This gets rid of many diry Dicks, Toms or Harrys:

The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits certain people from possessing a firearm. The possession of any firearm by one of these "prohibited persons" is a felony offense. It is also a felony for any person, including a registered Federal Firearms Licensee to sell or otherwise transfer any firearm to a person knowing or having "reasonable cause" to believe that the person receiving the firearm is prohibited from firearm possession. There are nine categories of persons prohibited from possessing firearms under the Gun Control Act:

• Persons under indictment for, or convicted of, any crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding on year;
    • Fugitives from justice;
    • Persons who are unlawful users of, or addicted to, any controlled substance;
    • Persons who have been declared by a court as mental defectives or have been committed to a mental institution;
    • Illegal aliens, or aliens who were admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
    • Persons who have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces;
    • Persons who have renounced their United States citizenship;
    • Persons subject to certain types of restraining orders; and
    • Persons who have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
    With limited exceptions, persons under eighteen years of age are prohibited from possessing handguns.

Pay CLOSE attention to bullit 4

You do understand Mr Dogger,,, that all this regulation only regulates the LAW ABIDING. Its against the Law to commit Murder!
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-29-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What happened in England? I have read the breathless proclamations so I did a little searching of my own.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18900384

When did the gun confiscation occur in England. One interesting datum is that the spike in the bar graph is due to the actions of a single serial killer who did his work with drug overdoses, no firearms involved at all.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    This gets rid of many diry Dicks, Toms or Harrys:

The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits certain people from possessing a firearm. The possession of any firearm by one of these "prohibited persons" is a felony offense. It is also a felony for any person, including a registered Federal Firearms Licensee to sell or otherwise transfer any firearm to a person knowing or having "reasonable cause" to believe that the person receiving the firearm is prohibited from firearm possession. There are nine categories of persons prohibited from possessing firearms under the Gun Control Act:

• Persons under indictment for, or convicted of, any crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding on year;
    • Fugitives from justice;
    • Persons who are unlawful users of, or addicted to, any controlled substance;
    • Persons who have been declared by a court as mental defectives or have been committed to a mental institution;
    • Illegal aliens, or aliens who were admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
    • Persons who have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces;
    • Persons who have renounced their United States citizenship;
    • Persons subject to certain types of restraining orders; and
    • Persons who have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
    With limited exceptions, persons under eighteen years of age are prohibited from possessing handguns.

Pay CLOSE attention to bullit 4
    Well, that's worked well now....

# 4 regards...JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post

When did the gun confiscation occur in England. One interesting datum is that the spike in the bar graph is due to the actions of a single serial killer who did his work with drug overdoses, no firearms involved at all.
    What year is that? I can't read the a is labels on my phone. I assumed it might have been a spike right after the ban. Don't anyone get me wrong, I am sure not in favor of gun bans etc. I just wonder if the UK is everything it is blown up to be. I had breakfast with a friend this morning and he was practically rabid in his anger over the prospect of us becoming ENGLAND, so I started doing a little looking. He was actually scaring me a little with his talk of stocking up on guns and ammo for the coming meltdown and revolution. Very unhealthy outlook, he sorta seemed to be going all Glen Beck on me.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post

Oh, I think the gun ban took place on 1998.

So,, Mr Dogger,,

What good do MORE Regulations and Laws do,, when we dont enforce the ones we have now????

The Main Goal for the left is confiscation.... They are synister in the way they work in incremental steps... totally ignoring present unenforced laws, but workingback door methods to circumvent the constitution..

We pretty much dont do anything for the mentally Ill. Seldom are deemed crazy by courts,, seldom are institutionalised/

# 4 regards Indeed!!

Gooser
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-29-2012 at 10:19 PM.