The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Let it begin

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    If Congress and the POTUS can pass gun legislation, when they haven't been able to pass a budget in 4 years, every single one of them should be kicked out of office!
    Exactly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    If Congress and the POTUS can pass gun legislation, when they haven't been able to pass a budget in 4 years, every single one of them should be kicked out of office!
    Well, unfortunately, we just missed our chance in that regard.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I think a lot of our rights have been infringed on since 9-11, specifically warrantless searches. But don't you think any gun legislation will be over turned by the supreme court?
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    I think a lot of our rights have been infringed on since 9-11, specifically warrantless searches. But don't you think any gun legislation will be over turned by the supreme court?
    Depends on the makeup of the court. The two justices most likely to leave the court next are both more conservative, republican appointees. If Obama gets to replace even one of these two, the philosophy of the court will likely change radically (I use that word intentionally) and then we all better watch out.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by PamK View Post
    +1 on what HPL Stated annnnnd

Again ask the people of Illinois how long they lived under a law banning their right to own a gun..

It was just recently deemed unconstitutional..
    By the late 1980s, several Illinois municipalities had banned the possession of handguns. Chicago required the registration of all firearms but did not allow handguns to be registered, which had the effect of outlawing their possession, unless they were grandfathered in by being registered before April 16, 1982.[32][33] Additionally, several Chicago suburbs had enacted outright prohibitions on handgun possession.
    On June 26, 2008, the
    U.S. Supreme Court struck down Washington, D.C.'s handgun ban in the case of District of Columbia v. Heller.[34] Chicago and the other municipalities came under legal pressure to change their laws.[35][36] In the months following the Heller decision, handgun bans were repealed in the suburbs of Wilmette,[37]Morton Grove,[38]Evanston,[39] and Winnetka,[40] but Chicago and Oak Park kept their laws in effect.[39][41]
    On June 28, 2010, in the case of
    McDonald v. Chicago, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled the handgun bans of Chicago and Oak Park to be unconstitutional.[42]
    On July 12, 2010 a new Chicago city ordinance took effect that allows limited handgun possession after passing a firearms training course and obtaining a permit from the police. Chicago's gun registration requirement is still in effect.
    [26][27]
    On July 19, 2010 Oak Park amended its town ordinance to allow handgun possession in one's home, leaving no remaining town in Illinois that completely bans handguns.
    [43]
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-30-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

President Coolidge delivered this speech on the 150th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Rejecting Progressivism root and branch, he defends America’s founding principles.
    July 5, 1926

"If no one is to be accounted as born into a superior station, if there is to be no ruling class, and if all possess rights which can neither be bartered away nor taken from them by any earthly power, it follows as a matter of course that the practical authority of the Government has to rest on the consent of the governed."
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Soo... Mr Mike....? based on your personna, your posts, your pictures in the past, should you be granted a gun permit based on these....? JD

PS Please cite some recent back-door incremental steps at gun confiscation that have been implemeneted.

AR15' s are now readily availble at my local Walmart w/ammo and extended magazines.

JD
    Pretty funny stuff coming from you.........make any "wishes" lately??????
    Stan b & Elvis

I actually think I am more dangerous legally driving my truck,, than I am with a gun,,, legal or not!!

Gooser

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I actually think I am more dangerous legally driving my truck,, than I am with a gun,,, legal or not!!

Gooser
    Certainly, even as a gun owner, you are much more likely to be in an automobile accident than in a shooting incident.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Pretty funny stuff coming from you.........make any "wishes" lately??????
    It depends....
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift