The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Re: Passing of a Good Flat Coat Person

Default Re: Passing of a Good Flat Coat Person

Paulette Swartzendruber lost her three year battle with cancer Christmas Eve. She was not a field trial person she did hunt tests and had a few flat coats with master hunt titles. She was one of my first mentors that gave me a good foundation in dog training. She was also on the U.S. National Agility Team. She was a good dog person.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Sorry for your loss. RIP Paulette and God speed.
    George Billings
    And Scout
    Aurora CO
    In Memory
    "Tess" Amigold Duckus Takem - Miss her greatly

I am sorry to hear about Paulette. So was so much a competitor and fought very hard against her disease. Indeed a good dog person.

Dawn
    mostlygold
    Terrill's Mr Butch CDX TT; Terrill's Adalay CD TD; Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HR WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade CDX MH WCX CCA VC

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.

So sad the last few days upon hearing that Paulette was having to let go. She did win...some time...in her fight, however it is very hard to hear, and wish that she had much more time..

I met her when our first Golden Retriever, "Andi", was participating in JH and Working Certificates. I have a photo of him with his WCX ribbon, judges and the other WCX competitors at YGRC's Working Certificate at West Thompson. Paulette is in it with one of her Flatcoats... She was always friendly and encouraging.

My Deepest Condolences to Paulette's family and friends.

Godspeed, Paulette...

Judy
    Last edited by Judy Chute; 12-29-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: .."time"
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec CDX MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

I earned my first MH ribbon under Paulette's judging in RI years ago. My condolences to her friends and family.

Steve
    "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch ?" Glinda, the good witch of the North.

My first hunt test dog was a screamer she LOVED birds. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started training for Junior.

One of my first hunt tests was under Paulette. I was dragged to the line, sat my dog, as the first shot went off and the bird landed dead the streaming began. I couldn’t hear her say dog. So she yelled DOG.

I can’t remember if we passed or not it was so long ago. At the end of the day she took me aside and asked if I had fun. Of course I did. I just spend a great day with my dog. It was then she told me to never give up. Never be discouraged if I didn’t go home with a ribbon. There is always another test to run. It’s not a race.

Those that know me hear me say those same words today.

God Speed Paulette your words of encouragement will live on forever.

Pattie
    Effective gun control is hitting what you aim at!

half way between Cat Springs and Raccoon Bend - Texas

She sounds like she was a wonderful woman and will be missed. Rest in Peace, Paulette. Condolences to all who knew and loved her.
    When it stops being fun, I will find something else to do with my time and money.

The Lady

So sorry to learn of Paulette's passing.
    Irene, Terry, Nancy, Jerry and myself would train together years ago

And yes, she was a good "dog" person