The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Year Resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Franco, also being a Libertarian, I love these resolutions. I would suggest that you reread resolutions 1,2,5,6,8,9,10,11,12, and 13. It appears to me that you may have broken them with your first 2 posts.
    Cary, its not the new year yet!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Cary, its not the new year yet!
    Oops, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Cleaning up my assorted things that I keep for the future - come across a list from the Reform Party of Washington, circa 1998. Generally similar to your list & unfortunately just about as effective. Made me think of "United We Stand", would you remember that bunch? At least their candidate got a vote count significantly higher than 5%. This was after deciding in the middle of the campaign that he was going to drop out . But then reUpped .
    There is a huge difference! Those all went away after their candidate lost and where never a Political Party. Whereas the Libertarian Party is growing at the state level to ensure candidates are able to ge on ballots. That is a major step in getting our voice heard in the debates that are now controlled by the Dems and Repubs. The two party monopoly that doesn't want the people to hear a different voice. With the Repubs in such disarray, who will stand up to the Dems if not for the Libertarians?

How would the Libertarian Party balance the budget? By dramatically cutting back government programs--including massive military spending. We would end the drug... war, end corn subsidies (a.k.a. Monsanto subsidies), end corporate welfare, replace individual welfare with efficient and effective charity, get the government out of education. We would end subsidies that drive up the cost of healthcare and higher education.

The government doesn't have an income problem. It has a spending problem. And that spending problem is there because it has an addiction to meddling where it does not belong.

We need to cut government spending and interfering by at least 50%. If you agree, please get involved with your state LP affiliate: www.lp.org/states.

To support national LP efforts: www.lp.org/membership.

In case you missed it Marv, the LP is about a return to traditional Conservatism!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-30-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Well I don't know about the Libertarians returning to conservatism. There are a lot of Liberal elements about libertarianism. One of which is to remove governmental constraints on individuals to allow more freedom and opportunity. The overall shrinkage of government is not unlike the ultra liberal idea of shrinking the state to the minimal point of existence.

Liberals and Libertarians agree that the government ought to stay out of the bedroom. Ultra Liberals believe the war on drugs is a waste of time and money. They generally agree on issues government subsidies, corporate welfare, the affordability of education.

The emergence of Libertarianism has largely destroyed the myth of a bi-polar body politic. America is really a super market of ideas and there is an infinite number of ways political philosophies can be constructed.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!