The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: GDG...Sudden threats from my Maytag Gemini range oven...GDG

Default GDG...Sudden threats from my Maytag Gemini range oven...GDG

So here it is Saturday night on a longgggg holiday weekend and my range oven suddenly flashes "F9-6" and to call an authorized Maytag repair man or to call Maytag!

I call Maytag, they ain't answering tonight. I see from doing an internet search that F9 means there is something wrong with the door lock so I am less worried by the alarming message...

But does anyone know, should I start shopping for a new range oven, or is this a cheap fix? Is it safe to use in the meantime?

The appliance repair places around here seem to be all thieves...replaced one of the oven elements about a year ago for a ridiculous fee.

It is a nice range oven---2 ovens, one with convection; not so easy on the eyes after 8 years.

Thanks for letting me vent!
    Renee P

Mitty -

PM SENT

If you buy a new one go with whirlpool
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

The home I bought a few years ago has an expensive LG range, which has been nothing but trouble, and when I searched online, a lot of people seem to agree. I pulled the range out, took off the back panel and had at it (it wasn't working anyway, so what the heck!). I unplugged and cleaned all of the thingys, including the wires that were more like tape, then plugged them all back in. Has worked perfectly ever since. Saved my self a lot of money and impressed the boyfriend at the same time.
    What you get out of it is what you put into it, then a fat lady sings.
    Marc Broussard

I tried turning on the oven this morning and the error message disappeared. Hmmmm. Seeing as I can't do anything about it till at least Wednesday, I am going to try the cleaning idea especially around the door latches.

A few years ago I replaced the DW, fridge and range oven all at once. In the last year the DW and fridge failed and now the oven needs a second repair. What a shame that stuff like this doesn't last.
    Last edited by mitty; 12-30-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Renee P

they dont make them like they used to thats for sure! With all the new obamacare taxes and possibility of even more if we go over the "cliff" I would try to make it work at least until you see how much of a pay cut you will be taking. Alot of people are going to be in for a surprise when they get their paycheck
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )