RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Heres my washout,

16K views 49 replies 35 participants last post by  carolinaonmymind 
#1 ·
Didnt want to Hijack the washout thread
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Gradys Marsh Ranger. His sire is Grady and the dam is Quiks March Hurricane MH. Hes better bred than me:p He is 2.5yo, Ive had him since April, I got him from a trainer that washed him out. Long story, as a pup he was being aired out at a hotel one nite when something spooked him, he ran into traffic got hit and the ran off. He was lost for about a month, when the trainer got him back and worked with him, he didnt think he would make it in the FT/HT world.
He came to my family very timid, but we have loved on him and he has gotten so much better in that regard. He already had basic OB. He has alot of drive and desire, loves to retrieve and Im doing everything I can but I cant get him nearly to his potential. He has been alot of fun a great pet,companion and buddy.

See less See more
#9 ·
Congratulations on the wonderful success that you are having with ..is his call name "Ranger"? ..just guessing!

Love what Bev says... :)

Judy

#14 ·
Did Ranger get lost in Dunn, NC during the Lumber River HT last year? I remember being at the Jameson Inn last year and hearing about a young dog that broke while airing and getting hit in the road and then running off. If this is the same dog, glad to know there is a Happy Ending to this tragic accident.

#16 ·
I think you will be surprised that with a good solid training program and lots of love he will make an excellant HT dog and companion. You are already off to a good start. Good luck.

#17 ·
Be good to him and let him know he is your BEST buddy and he will forget the bad things that happened to him.Good looking dog !!!

#18 ·
John Hahn (Western Kansas) made a relatively short, but successful FT career by turning washouts into FC's. Now retired, he's a very smart guy, and was an especially good dog man.

Evan

#23 ·
As soon as hunting season is over bring him over and to our training days and we'll get him ready to run some HT's. I had a littermate to this dog. He was awesome,I sold him to a guy in La and he said he had been training retrievers for most of his life and he was the finiest animal he had ever had his hands on. He had 225 wild retrieves his first season down in La and wasn't 2 yrs old yet.

#30 ·
Awesome! I am really happy for the both of you. Sounds like there are more tests in your future with Ranger. Enjoy the ride.

#32 ·
I told you he could do the work. Last time I saw him he looked as good as any young dog we had out there that day. I wish I could have been at this test but work got in the way this weekend. You still have til Monday to enter Cheraw and the 28th to enter the next one in Cheraw. If you can't go and want him to run I'll be glad to take him with my two.

#37 ·
Congratulations! Glad to hear the happy ending, for a change, seems like there have been a lot of sad ones lately. I bet if you take your time he'll come along very nicely and do just fine on the hunt test circuit. There's a world of difference between a young dog and a 4 year old: after his rough start he can be forgiven for maybe needing a little extra time to get back on track. By the time he's mature you'll probably be running master and loving it. Thanks for taking him on and giving him a chance!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.