Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking Oaths

Default Taking Oaths

Oaths!!!
    When we go to court, we take an oath before testimony
    As Follows:
    'I swear (or the person taking the oath may promise) by Almighty God (or the person may name a god recognised by his or her religion) that the evidence I shall give will be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.'

If by deliberate, we do NOT tell the truth, or we lie, we can be in danger of serious prosecution.. The possibility of incarceration. We cannot lie under oath... A President was impeached for doing just that..

Before one of our elected officials is allowed to take office,, He/She is required to take the oath of Office..
    As follows:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

What consequence does the person who is elected have to consider,, if they directly ignore this oath??
    What do we as the electorate do to those who don’t honor their oath???
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

1.We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
    2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
    3.We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
    4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
    5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
    6.We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
    7.We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
    8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control.”
    9.We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Obama plays by his own rules.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Obama plays by his own rules.
    , vbeg. Uummmmm are you sure he has any rules at all ? TIC
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Where in this Oath of Office does it state a requirement for an allegience to a political party?
    The Constitution is THE foundation built to protect citizens from a Tyrannical government.. It has kept the United States stable for 250 years, Politicians have tried to ignor the Constitution and “We The People” many times. They try to inject ideologues into the Supreme Court that will help them circumvent the Constitution. Many of those in Power have broken the trust of the people by violating their Oath Of Office.
    I believe we need to hold them accountable for their violations of that oath.
    If they understood that there would be legal ramifications for their abuses,, maybe they would then again, start working for the people..

Gooser

In just a few days, Congress will solemnly swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. They should read Article 1 Section 8 and the Bill of Rights before taking such a serious oath. Most legislation violates key provisions of the Constitution in very basic ways, and if members can’t bring themselves to say “no” in the face of pressure from the special interests, they have broken trust with their constituents and violated their oath. Congress does not exist to serve the special interests. It exists to protect the rule of law. Ron Paul
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

I think another problem of our more recent government, especially after FDR,, is its tactic of the re-definition of words used in the Constitution.

"Equal" being the most raped..

"Equal" now meaning being "Made" equal,, instead of being "Created" equal.. In other words being made "Equal" through re-distribution of wealth.

I believe the Constitution meant "Equal" meaning be No man has superiority over another..

I also think the total new interpretation of the "General welfare" clause of the Constitution, has bought our country to its kness,, and is the Main Cause of our problems today..

I very much agree with the following.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
    I am quite certain that the founding fathers never realized how much some of those words recorded in the preamble to the constitution and in the introduction to section 8 would alter the way Washington does business, nor would they approve.
    Up until about 1937 congress limited its business to the 17 enumerated powers outlined in Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution. But starting with FDR in 1937 and continuing on to this day Liberals have sought to use the "general welfare clause", to justify all manner of interference in our lives and Liberty, at least in their minds "for our own good".
    Below, in a 1791 letter to George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, who should know something about the original framers thoughts lays out for Washington his ideas of the purpose of the general welfare clause. The italics are Mr. Jefferson's:
    To lay taxes to provide for the general welfare of the United States, that is to say, to lay taxes of providing for the general welfare. For the laying of taxes is the power, and the general welfare the purpose for which the power is to be exercised. They are not to lay taxes ad libitum for any purpose they please; but only to pay the debts or provide for the welfare of the Union. In like manner, they are not to do anything they please to provide for the general welfare, but only to lay taxes for that purpose. To consider the latter phrase, not as describing the purpose of the first, but as giving a distinct and independent power to do any act they please, which might be for the good of the Union, would render all the preceding and subsequent enumerations of power completely useless. It would reduce the whole instrument to a single phrase that of instituting a Congress with power to do whatever would be for the good of the United States; and, as they would be the sole judges of the good or evil, it would be also a power to do whatever evil they please.
    So in other words, the line of thinking that the Congress can use the general welfare clause to justify anything Congress thinks is "for the general welfare" is absolutely ridiculous and unconstitutional. Congress may lay taxes to provide for the general welfare but only within the defined and limited powers outline in the rest of the constitution.
    Today Congress thinks it is best for the general welfare to force us all to buy health insurance. Maybe tomorrow it will be to limit each family to one child, or take away personal property rights. And if the general welfare clause was meant to give Congress such unlimited power, how are we to know when the general welfare clause trumps the defined powers outlined in the Constitution. The 10th Amendment states quite clearly: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people", no where does it add "unless it is a power the Congress thinks is for the "general welfare".
    Why bother outlining the Right of Free Speech if the general welfare clause gives Congress the power to cancel free speech -- if deemed necessary to "provide for the general welfare"?
    Why bother to define the Freedom of the Press if Congress can decide that restricting a free press is "for the general welfare"? Throughout history, dictators have used power to control populations all the while saying it was for the public good or general welfare.
    If the general welfare clause was meant to give Congress the power to do whatever Congress thinks is best for the general welfare, the Founding Fathers wasted a great deal of precious time in the summer of 1787 listing out definite limits to the federal government's power.
    They could have just written the general welfare clause and gone home.
    www.governmentvsliberty.info

When elected officials deliberatly Mis interprete the constitution and use that interpretation to go against what the Constitutions Soul is,,, and dis regard thier Oath of office,, again,, I feel they should be held accountable.. By the very least,, they should neve be re-elected they should absolutly be thrown out of office..
    It is our duty as Americans to see that this is done..
    Last edited by MooseGooser; 12-31-2012 at 09:26 AM.

I agree very much with what Dr Paul says....

He stood no chance in Hell to be elected... That is a shame,, but a reality....
    Some of us were left with a second choice.....

It didnt bode well with me but again,, reality...

The election didnt go my way.... We shall see where the Majority of this country wants to lead us...

I feel defeated,, and beleive our county is in very serious trouble.. I believe the Constitution is dying right before our eyes.

Folks talk all the time about the "good ol days" ....In MY opinion it was the Constitution that defined them..

Gooser

Remember what our sitting President said during Campain?

"Get Even!!! VOTE!!!""

I guess we all have to sit back and let it happen!

Is it his hated of the Constitution he want to get even with???
    If so,,,, He took an Oath!!! He LIED to us all!!! He is NOT an American!!!! He disparages all that have fought and died defending that Constitution...

This is true for Senators, Congess people also... They take that same oath!!

Dont we as the GOVEREND have the responsiblity to hold their feet to the fire and demand they uphold that Constitution? To Obey that oath?
    If we dont..... We get what we deserve.... No SOUl,,, No happiness,,, No Liberty!! Is that the United States you grew up in? Is that the United States you want your Grand kids to grow up in???

Gooser

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    I agree very much with what Dr Paul says....

He stood no chance in Hell to be elected... That is a shame,, but a reality....
    Some of us were left with a second choice.....

It didnt bode well with me but again,, reality...

The election didnt go my way.... We shall see where the Majority of this country wants to lead us...

I feel defeated,, and beleive our county is in very serious trouble.. I believe the Constitution is dying right before our eyes.

Folks talk all the time about the "good ol days" ....In MY opinion it was the Constitution that defined them..

Gooser
    Well what do you know Gooser, we agree on something!

I never thought for a minute RP could win nor that any of the Repub candidates would unseat Obama. However, I did feel that it was all important that RP's message get heard. Those that wanted to did hear it inspite of the media.

Though he is retiring, riding off into the sunset, he is considered the Godfather of the modern day Libertarian Party. He has inspired a movement that is growing among all demographics that believe in personal responsibility and limited government. The torch has been passed to Rand and the growing support of RP's ideals by his deciples.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-31-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.