The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking Oaths

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well what do you know Gooser, we agree on something!

I never thought for a minute RP could win nor that any of the Repub candidates would unseat Obama. However, I did feel that it was all important that RP's message get heard. Those that wanted to did hear it inspite of the media.

Though he is retiring, riding off into the sunset, he is considered the Godfather of the modern day Libertarian Party. He has inspired a movement that is growing among all demographics that believe in personal responsibility and limited government. The torch has been passed to Rand and the growing support of RP's ideals by his deciples.
    Franco, I know that this is beating a dead horse, but have to say this: If, knowing that RP didn't have a snowball's chance......., but feeling that this message was important, the best course of action would have been to donate as much time and money to the RP campaign as you could afford, but then actually vote for the best candidate that you thought might have a chance of winning. Perhaps, in your district, as in mine, a vote for Romney didn't really count anyway as my area is so heavily Democrat that if all the Republicans vote twice, the Dem candidate is going to win anyway.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Franco, I know that this is beating a dead horse, but have to say this: If, knowing that RP didn't have a snowball's chance......., but feeling that this message was important, the best course of action would have been to donate as much time and money to the RP campaign as you could afford, but then actually vote for the best candidate that you thought might have a chance of winning. Perhaps, in your district, as in mine, a vote for Romney didn't really count anyway as my area is so heavily Democrat that if all the Republicans vote twice, the Dem candidate is going to win anyway.
    I did donate a lot of time and some money to his campaign! In the last week alone I have gotten 4 people to convert from Republican to Libertarian and two from Dem to Libertarian on thier voter registration which can be done online. I am active in the state's party and may even run for office myself. Not that I would have a chance but we do need people to step forward.

As I have mention before, if Charles Manson was runiing as an (R) in my state, the state would overwhelmingly vote for him. So, I not only voted my conscience, my voted actually meant something.

P S
    Along with some others, I am working to organize a student group of Libertarians on the UL campus. Right now, they are a losely organized group and we want to get them more involved on campus and with the state organization.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-31-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Though he is retiring, riding off into the sunset, he is considered the Godfather of the modern day Libertarian Party. deciples.
    I would believe that Goldwater would have to be considered the Godfather . But I will say this - I don't know how stupid the LA voter is but I do believe they could come closer than you do to disciples . If you do decide to pursue office, for god's sake, get someone to spell check for you . Can you spell your name without misspelling it?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Well dont get all gushy inside Franco,,

My vote this past election was to emove Obama fom the office.
    The pocess of converting Repubs to Libertarianisum is a noble gestur,, but if it took away votes from the lesser of the two evils (Obama vs Romney) then I think your idealogue is silly...

Right now.. looking at what is happening,, I would MUCH rather right now to have a Republican controlled House and Senate,,, and a Republican President to guide the reins.. Very MUCH not perfect,, but one hell of a lot better than what we have now,, as yoiu can see by this Presidents concieved "mandate"

Someday, Franco,,, Someday,,, maybe you and I can Shake hands!! I am not vey enthused at the direction our our country in these times...

I trained my dog this moning... As I retuned to where I was parked,, perched in the tree above me,, was a Bald eagle!!!
    Kinda Got me a bit ferklempt! maybe it was an Omen!!!

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I would believe that Goldwater would have to be considered the Godfather . But I will say this - I don't know how stupid the LA voter is but I do believe they could come closer than you do to disciples . If you do decide to pursue office, for god's sake, get someone to spell check for you . Can you spell your name without misspelling it?
    No one under 60 remembers Goldwater. The political world has evolved since then, maybe you should too.

So I misspelled disciples, get over it!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Anyone see the NYTs~apparently calling for the end of the Evil constitution? I kid you not. It makes me sick. The only thing I can see as hopeful is that our military takes the same oath to Uphold and defend our Constitution.........what is happening to this country?? When is it ok to say "lets get rid of the constitution"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Anyone see the NYTs~apparently calling for the end of the Evil constitution? I kid you not. It makes me sick. The only thing I can see as hopeful is that our military takes the same oath to Uphold and defend our Constitution.........what is happening to this country?? When is it ok to say "lets get rid of the constitution"?
    I recently read an article about the sad state of our military leadership, I believe in the New Yorker. If the NY finds our military leadership lacking, I'm not sure the military will be a dependable stopgap to uphold the constitution .

Marvin S

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

No one under 60 remembers Goldwater. The political world has evolved since then, maybe you should too.

So I misspelled disciples, get over it!
    An evolution that is not an improvement - Your guy RP is very reminiscent of another Congressman from TX, circa 1860 or so who rode the keep the family business going, even when inefficient, into a several million dollar war chest .

If disciples was the only thing you misspelled or mangled there would not be an issue, but yours is so often you give the appearance of being not to literate .

Marvin S

I am 59.

My dads hero was Goldwater I agrre with Marvin... Goldwater was the first..

Miss Pals... The second post I made is the Beliefs of "Oath Keepers"

They ae composed of ex Military and Police....

The have a web site..

Citizens can join also..

Search "Oath Keepers"

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.