The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taking Oaths

Quote Originally Posted by Pals View Post
    Anyone see the NYTs~apparently calling for the end of the Evil constitution? ................................................
    A lot of this goes back to what our schools are teaching at all levels.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    No one under 60 remembers Goldwater. The political world has evolved since then, maybe you should too.

So I misspelled disciples, get over it!
    I would change that to read 30. I'm under 60 and remember him well as the last true conservitive Republican to run for Pres. Most of the history and civics have him in them and I for one would like to see a change back to the politics of his day. At least they TRIED to get things done for teh good of the country, unlike the ( fill in your own adjective ) we have in power today.

Sorry Franco, more people need to be educated about Goldwater and what he stood for.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    I would change that to read 30. I'm under 60 and remember him well as the last true conservitive Republican to run for Pres. Most of the history and civics have him in them and I for one would like to see a change back to the politics of his day. At least they TRIED to get things done for teh good of the country, unlike the ( fill in your own adjective ) we have in power today.

Sorry Franco, more people need to be educated about Goldwater and what he stood for.
    I remember Goldwater.
    I am just a smidge over 60.
    I remember the "shock" commercials the Democrats ran of the NUKE going off killing chidren playing with flowers.

I also remember JFK (just finished "Killing Kennedy").
    He would be too conservative to be a Republican.

It's a "Brave New World."
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I remember Goldwater.
    I am just a smidge over 60.
    I remember the "shock" commercials the Democrats ran of the NUKE going off killing chidren playing with flowers.

I also remember JFK (just finished "Killing Kennedy").
    He would be too conservative to be a Republican.

It's a "Brave New World."
    I am under 60 but I too remember those commercials because they aimed it at the college kids of which I had a couple of brothers in school at the time,they tried to scare them into thinking that AuH2O (remember that bumpersticker) would ship them all off to Viet Nam to be slaughtered....anyone remember the idiot Robert McNamara, between he and LBJ they probably had more to do with a lot of young men getting killed in SE Asia
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

For the record, I was the first one to ever mention Goldwater on POTUS. I made a statement that this country made its biggest mistake when we elected LBJ over Goldwater!

My point about the under 60 is that Goldwater is no longer relevant. Time and politics has moved on. Goldwater was a traditional Conservative and not like the so-called Conservatives of today. But, he has zero influence in today's politics. He isn't influencing anyone today especially the younger generation. That's why he is not the Godfather! See post #10 for context.
    Last edited by Franco; 12-31-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

For the record, I was the first one to ever mention Goldwater on POTUS. I made a statement that this country made its biggest mistake when we elected LBJ over Goldwater!

My point about the under 60 is that Goldwater is no longer relevant. Time and politics has moved on. Goldwater was a traditional Conservative and not like the so-called Conservatives of today. But, he has zero influence in today's politics. He isn't influencing anyone today especially the younger generation. That's why he is not the Godfather! See post #10 for context.
    No arguement, but he could if he was ussed as an example of what good conservative politics can be rather than the bile spewing Tea partyers of the followers of newt.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

No arguement, but he could if he was ussed as an example of what good conservative politics can be rather than the bile spewing Tea partyers of the followers of newt.
    No doubt about it!

His loss to LBJ was devastating for the country. LBJ not only ushered in the Age of Welfare as we know it today, he expanded our roll in Vietnam. He was absoultely the worse President in modern times. We are still paying for his social programs today.

However, Goldwater is not the reason for the growth of the Libertarian Party today. He may have been inspiring but never inspired a political movement.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Your opportunity - Goldwater wrote a book prior to his campaign - name that book & his proposal to right the ship along with the time frame he stated it would take - I personally think your claim to be bogus .

Reagan won running as a Goldwaterite - not that he was as conservative as Goldwater. As for your younger generation claim, most of those guys are disaffected libs or anarchists, sad but true.

No doubt about it!

His loss to LBJ was devastating for the country. LBJ not only ushered in the Age of Welfare as we know it today, he expanded our roll in Vietnam. He was absoultely the worse President in modern times. We are still paying for his social programs today.

However, Goldwater is not the reason for the growth of the Libertarian Party today. He may have been inspiring but never inspired a political movement.
    If my memory serves me correctly, being one of those old guys, Michener's book Texas talks about a populist congressman from eastern TX who managed to dupe his constituents into a fat campaign coffer. When I read that chapter my 1st thought was of your boy - never accomplished anything, never passed anything, but managed to dupe a lot of neophytes, such as yourself into providing him a nice lifestyle .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Pathetic Marvin, simply pathetic.

Pathetic Marvin, simply pathetic.
    No, what's pathetic is your non-answer .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!