The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garage Sale X-Mas Gift. Must have been from Fallon or Marvin's house....gdg

That is really neat...a great gift!

Judy
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec CDX MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I searched the company name and found a lot of the goose decoys they manufactured for sale. Haven't found any ducks with the float. A couple without on old auctions. My Aunt and Uncle have had antique stores for years and hit lots of auctions. They have the original canvas bag that came with these decoys too. They got six decoys just like this one.
    Yep, those are the goose decoys I used.
    Back then you could set up on a fence row and shoot geese.
    They are a LOT wiser now. All of the dumb ones are dead!
    Ray K

Princess Lillian Vl
    SHR Deke of Sunnyburke SH
    HRCH UH Ray's Cotton Pickin' Jake MH, 500 Pt Club, 02-11
    SHR Callie May JH, 98-09
    SR Gus "The Wonder Dog" JH, 91-01

No collapsible duck, but I did have a "stroll o chair"

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 12-30-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Nice give. Will look great on your desk.
    Chase perfection and accept excellence- Vince Lombardi

Paul, that's a nice gift! Your Aunt/Uncle obviously think a lot of you.
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Duncan View Post
    Just goes to show you that today's decoys are just as good if not better at decoying hunters than birds..
    That there was funny

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Paul, that's a nice gift! Your Aunt/Uncle obviously think a lot of you.
    They also gave me three old skeleton keys from cell #255 from the Walla Walla penitentiary. Can only make me wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    No collapsible duck, but I did have a "stroll o chair"

john
    I grew up in the pothole region of SD. During WWII I used to go out with the double barrel & sluice ducks in the potholes. Best I have ever done was 15 on 2 shells, coots didn't count. I come from the era of: How far do you lead your ducks? Depends on how fast they are swimming .

But I do have some rubber collapsible decoys in my barn somewhere, used once & at least 50 years old. I liked to jump shoot & float the rivers so decoys were unused. When i hunted over decoys someone else took care of them.

The one time I used the collapsibles. was on a slough in MT on a slightly foggy day. The action was slow so I wandered around & through the fog saw about 4 ducks on this little pothole, performed a sneak & shouted when I got in range. No ducks got up, I had snuck my own decoys .

That is a neat decoy, have hunted with honker silhouettes that worked quite well & are easy to transport.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I grew up in the pothole region of SD. During WWII I used to go out with the double barrel & sluice ducks in the potholes. Best I have ever done was 15 on 2 shells, coots didn't count. I come from the era of: How far do you lead your ducks? Depends on how fast they are swimming .

But I do have some rubber collapsible decoys in my barn somewhere, used once & at least 50 years old. I liked to jump shoot & float the rivers so decoys were unused. When i hunted over decoys someone else took care of them.

The one time I used the collapsibles. was on a slough in MT on a slightly foggy day. The action was slow so I wandered around & through the fog saw about 4 ducks on this little pothole, performed a sneak & shouted when I got in range. No ducks got up, I had snuck my own decoys .

That is a neat decoy, have hunted with honker silhouettes that worked quite well & are easy to transport.
    Shoulda sluiced 'em...
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Duncan View Post
    Just goes to show you that today's decoys are just as good if not better at decoying hunters than birds..
    Fishing lures too.