The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garage Sale X-Mas Gift. Must have been from Fallon or Marvin's house....gdg

I like the price on them compared to the price I just paid for some speck floaters at $22 each! Have times changed or what?

BHB
    Ahhhh, the smell of a bay dog... nothin finer!

One who lives this life without plans for eternity may appear to be wise for the moment but a fool forever.

Our lives are not made by the dreams we dream but by the choices we make.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American
    Indian." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
    I like the price on them compared to the price I just paid for some speck floaters at $22 each! Have times changed or what?

BHB
    In my younger time we hunted because ducks were food . 10 cents for a couple of shells was significant. Today a lot of hunters are there for recreation, so don't mind the pricey paraphernalia.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    In my younger time we hunted because ducks were food . 10 cents for a couple of shells was significant. Today a lot of hunters are there for recreation, so don't mind the pricey paraphernalia.
    Sounds like my Mom's stories. Grandpa would give her the .22 shells to go hunting because the boys(brothers) would just get bored and waste them on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    Sounds like my Mom's stories. Grandpa would give her the .22 shells to go hunting because the boys(brothers) would just get bored and waste them on nothing.
    Got my Daisy @ 9 - Grandpa paid me a penny apiece for sparrows as they were major grain eaters, but I had to buy my own BB's - made enough along with my two bits a week for chores that I was able to afford .12 for the movies, .10 for popcorn & with the 3 cents left over plus my sparrow earnings a candy bar on occasion .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!