RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

***GDG Ice Fishing Season GDG****

8K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  M.Schmidt 
#1 ·
As winter descends upon us and the ice thickens, how many of you love to see a tip up??

Maybe you prefer to jig??

Either way, be very careful, there are severe dangers involved with "ice fishing!!!"

#11 ·
I really enjoy ice fishing... probably more than any other fishing, actually. Problem is, here in Ohio ice formation is unpredictable and usually short-lived, so my seasons are usually way too short. We've got some good ice forming right now, though. Won't be long!

#12 ·
I guess being from the South, I've never figured out how anyone can "catch" ice? ;-)

#13 ·
Ahhh takes me back!!! Lots of good fishing on Winnebago and Butte des Morts... Playing sheepshead in the shanty and watching those tip ups.. Uber Good!!!

Kinda sick actually and I'm glad I moved to Texas...

Walleye Rocks and Is The Bomb!!!

Angie

#20 ·
C'mon Angie,
Ice fishing is one of the peculiar delights of living up nort'.
A nip of abbergluts (sp?) and everything warms up nicely!!

Can't have much more fun than that!!!!

#22 ·
A nip of abbergluts
I can see it warming things up by nipping their gluts.

But what's that abber stuff?

#24 ·
Do those augers run smooth or do they buck and bounce some? (just askin).

#26 · (Edited)

"I caught you a delicious bass!"

Notice the delicious Ghurka Assassin!:cool:

A great day on the ice!

#29 ·
i wanna' go back to talkin about cheeks - walleye cheeks! i believe i had baby formula, rice cereal and then cheeks! but, i have not had any for a while... how much do you think a lb would go for? lol!

#31 ·
That video is hilarious...every time I see it I laugh my rear off.

Once again it doesn't look like we're going to have enough ice here in my part of Missouri. I have one friend who had a day off right before our last warm up and he was able to fish one pond. He said the ice was barely 4 inches which really isn't thick enough to suit me most of the time.

#32 ·
RND and his fondness for Chocloate....

Seriously. My condolences to Stan on the loss of his namesake. (Stan Musial). There are not many today who take the public figure role today as seriously as "the man" did back then. McEnroe, from my perspective, was the start of the poor sportsmanship and the downfall of some of the role model status that we see in pro sports today.

Chris

#34 ·
Couldn't get Chris's vid. to play.

Ken I would walk past that Bass-O-Matic for these....

This is Mahi, Mahi, I can't find any pics of Walleye cheeks (note to self take pics next time)

Also not good cast iron it's that cheep "new" stuff:)

Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Pan frying

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.