The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Thief in LaFayette, La. HELP - Update: Found :(

Most people if they find a dog will go on Craigslist they may try to sell him or just let him go. I would get the local tv news to run the story also a full page newspaper story . Someone may know something.prayers sent.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Can you contact any retriever clubs in the area.The more eyes on the lookout the better..Maybe post the video on youtube, wishing you the best of luck in his recovery.

Unfortunately my son never had him chipped

I might be careful about going to the press. Thief might just decide to cut his losses and get rid of the evidence. My heart breaks for your son. Can hardly stand to think about this.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Good point. I guess each owner has to weigh the costs. I remember a few years ago when two show dogs were stolen from a LA motel, there was so much publicity that the thief just dropped the dogs off at a nearby shelter. There are alot of retriever clubs like mentioned above the more people aware and looking the better. This is heartbreaking.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

There are 7 Vet Clinics in Carencro. You may want to end them each a flier with picture and mention about the missing toes on the rear foot.

http://www.yellowpages.com/carencro-la/veterinarians

The first 7 listed are in Carencro.

Also, there are two animal shelters in the area that should be alerted.
    Call #1 on th list and ask them for the number of the shelter in Carencro.

http://www.yellowpages.com/lafayette-la/animal-shelters
    Last edited by Franco; 01-01-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

What is this world coming to?
    I hope all works out for the best and soon too
    Prayers working..

I really hope your son gets his dog back. That is terrible. That guy deserves to rot in hell. I don't see how anyone could take a mans dog, that's just flat out low. Keep us posted

Can his face be seen on the video? Post it on FB and maybe the SOBs mother will see what an AH she has raised.
    Bert Rodgers

I'd suggest that you have law enforcement get a look at that security cam video. Sometimes they can do some pretty cool stuff with software to enhance the image and pick up some specifics that might make the difference.

Good luck! Chris