The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Thief in LaFayette, La. HELP - Update: Found :(

Law enforcement is involved , has viewed the video, etc.We are going to the shelters and vet offices tomorrow.

Bet that truck passed other camera's in the area.....Duckdon

When looking at the video did you see any decalls ,Duck Unlimited ,Browning etc... I would think if a thief was going to take the dog along with your gear he would be a hunter(poacher) and have personnel uses for dog /gear.Contact the conservation dept.and any hunting clubs in the area.

Place an add on CL /Wanted finished hunting dog looking for (give rough description of your son's dog) ,papers do not matter....Something along those lines ...Set a trap.

Good luck ,it knot's my stomach up to think about this.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

This is just so sad. I am praying that your son's dog is recovered soon. Please keep us posted.
    Becky
    Life is Good . . . Do what you like - Like what you do.

Davis
    Are there any still photos they can get from the video of the truck? There are a lot of LA guys on here and someone may recognize the truck. I would post on Craigslist too and offer a reward. I once got back a dog that was stolen from my yard by offering a nice reward. It was worth the $1000 I paid to get the dog back. I know the person that brought her back was the SOB that stole her but I couldn't prove it and was just happy to get the dog back.
    This has to be heartbreaking, I hope you find him.
    Last edited by badbullgator; 01-01-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Oh Davis, I am so so sorry. I hope Boz is found right away. I know you and Jamie both are absolutely sick.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Will cross post ASAP on other La forums and let my mafia in Laffy know to keep a look out for Boz. He will be found and you heard it here first! Franco, make sure errybody in the Cajun HRC club gets the info, the Acadiana vets have an association and may have a website. I will check and post if so, pm me your # to list with my post please.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Wow... What a low life POS!!! Prayers sent for boz's safe return.

Is it ok to cross post this on Refuge forum?
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

This is what I suggest;

I work for 7 radio stations in Lafayette. I can give the on-air folks the details of the theft and the fact that the police have the theif's truck on video tape. That if the theifs want to avoid being caught and proscecuted, all they have to do is drop the dog off to me at my office and no questions will be asked or they can drop the dog off at the Lafayette Parish Animal Shelter. When you go the the shelter tomorrow let them know what we are doing. If it works, I can bring the dog home and take care of him until you pick him up.

If that sounds like a plan that you are confortable with, call me. I've PMed my phone number to you.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-01-2013 at 10:01 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.