The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Thief in LaFayette, La. HELP - Update: Found :(

You would think he would rather turn the dog in than be caught from the video and go to jail.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Don't forget Mud Motor Talk and their Dog form.

I hope that Boz will be home and safe SOON!!
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

All I can say is WOW and this is one crazy messed up world. I am so sorry for your situation and will pray that all turns out well. Also, I think this is good advice. I hope you can catch him...this is why I swear the more people I meet, the more I like my dogs. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    When looking at the video did you see any decalls ,Duck Unlimited ,Browning etc... I would think if a thief was going to take the dog along with your gear he would be a hunter(poacher) and have personnel uses for dog /gear.Contact the conservation dept.and any hunting clubs in the area.

Place an add on CL /Wanted finished hunting dog looking for (give rough description of your son's dog) ,papers do not matter....Something along those lines ...Set a trap.

Good luck ,it knot's my stomach up to think about this.
    God bless!- Jamee

When you stop having fun, it's time to quit!!
    "If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either"- Author unknown

My team:
    HR Dr. J's RxRated High Caliber JH "Kali"
    White Oak's Change of Plans "Bodee"
    #1 cheerleader: SJ's Gotta-Lot-A Go Lil "Jake"

Gone but never forgotten:
    HR Stevie-Joe's Super "Star"- my heart dog, I love you baby
    October 24, 2001-January 6, 2013

One of the more disappointing parts of this is that the manager of the Jameson refused to come in yesterday and let the police view the hotel's surveillance video. She only lives a few minutes away, but her quote was that she "didn't come in for dogs." The police had to use the video from the Waffle House, which is next door. The police were at the Jameson asking to see the video and she still wouldn't come in to show it to them! There is a good chance the thief will be seen clearly on the hotel video, but this set everything back an entire day. So much for "pet friendly".

Buck

Oh how sickening. Please keep us updated.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Mann View Post
    One of the more disappointing parts of this is that the manager of the Jameson refused to come in yesterday and let the police view the hotel's surveillance video. She only lives a few minutes away, but her quote was that she "didn't come in for dogs." The police had to use the video from the Waffle House, which is next door. The police were at the Jameson asking to see the video and she still wouldn't come in to show it to them! There is a good chance the thief will be seen clearly on the hotel video, but this set everything back an entire day. So much for "pet friendly".

Buck
    Waitva minute! This was a crime! Maybe even grand depending on the value of the dogs and other stolen items. Doesn't the motel have to cooperate with the investigation? I'm no lawyer, but this doesn't seem right. Good luck finding your dog. We all must learn from this. What a world.....
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Mann View Post

Buck
    That pisses me off even more. The Jameson is my favorite dog friendly chain and they have been nothing but accommodating in regards to traveling with dogs. Can we get some specifics about this Buck? I would like to know the exact hotel and managers name so I can let Jameson know how disappointed I am.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

In S. LA. the chances are pretty high the police were duck hunters and dog owners. Just wait, next time that manager needs the police I bet they might be a little to busy to get there on time.

Oh, Davis, this is terrible! I just called the Jameson number and was given the following number to call to complain about this theft (and total lack of cooperation from the Lafayette Jameson).

Positive Management Group (PMG) 404-350-9990
    When I called, I received a "we are on another line please leave a message and we will call back". So then I dialed for the directory and just started putting in combos of likely names. Also got "leave a message" options. I hope if enough messages are left, someone will "get the message" and light a fire under that Lafayette managers behind. I won't be staying in a Jameson again.

I'm praying for Boz's return.
    Randall

HRCH Truline's Cleopatra MH (Cleo)

Prime Time Rising Star MH ***(Emmy)
    Wyco's Lena-Linda con Besos SH (Lena)
    HRCH Surry's Smoking Gun SH (Sage) RIP

Licking Run's Blackberry Jam MH (Berry) RIP