The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Dog Thief in LaFayette, La. HELP - Update: Found :(

Glad they caught the POS. Regardless of his confession. He must be held accountable for the loss.
    Chase perfection and accept excellence- Vince Lombardi

[QUOTE=Franco;1051460]
    "We asked those same questions, but animal control said they followed protocol"./QUOTE]

This "protocol" statement needs to be challenged. I am a veteran reporter and this is what I would do if it were my dog.Work with the local reporter to press authorities as to why there was so little effort to reach out to the public about Boz, a valuable hunting dog but more importantly an irreplaceable companion to one of our soldiers, soon to be deployed again and now heartbroken about the loss of his 10 year old dog, which he has had since he was 6 weeks old. I would find out what is the protocol and if it needs to be changed in view of what happened. There needs to be accountability. Unfortunately in this country crimes against animals rarely amount to anything, maybe a misdemeanor. But there are compelling elements here that you can pursue to perhaps get a better result for the next victim of a criminal looking for quick cash.

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3?ref=ts For the latest news and stories on Boz.

Please keep us posted on any type of donation we need, I'm in.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 01-04-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I have followed this thread from its beginning and like all of you I was hoping for this to end in a reunification of Boz with his owner. Seeing the pic of Boz with his gray muzzle and those big trusting eyes just makes it that much harder to swallow.

I'm glad they caught the thief but unfortunately he will quite possibly only get a slap on the wrist. No matter what the outcome is with this thief and his criminal charges, nothing can be done to bring back poor Boz.

We love our dogs and treat them like the family members they are. It is amazing all of the responses from the public as well as RTF with everyone so concerned for Boz. It was like we all were holding our breath with our fingers crossed hoping and waiting for his safe return.

I will bet when the sorry thief dies none of us will know about it, there MIGHT be a small obituary hidden in the pages of some small locallly circulated paper, and just maybe a small gathering of family members will attend his funeral.

Boz however will never be forgotten. I will always remember the picture of poor old Boz, standing there with his aged muzzle and those big, tired, trusting, eyes, standing in his little bit of heaven on earth.

Lonster

Extremely glad the individual was caught. IF the law doesn't do something about it, I hope the people of LA. choose to dole out their own brand of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn White View Post
    It doesn't bring Boz back ,but sooo glad to hear the news!
    +1 to that.
    Steve Pellicci
    BlackFoot Labradors
    843-655-0231
    BlackFootk9@gmail.com
    http://www.blackFootkennels.com

For some reason it doesn't make me feel any better that the guy was caught. Soneone needs to catch up with him when he gets out and get street justice. There is no reason for that pos to have more than a couple teeth in his head. When your done leave him laying there. Just how this redneck feels about it.

Yep I agree Justin, tell you what I have never been comfortable leaving my dogs when on the road and this has me thinking about how the latches and locks on our dog boxes and trailers are nothing more than junk designed to keep an honest man out.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

No doubt about that David. I'm sure the majority of the keys are interchangeable. I worried about it before but now I'll really worry. What do you do when your traveling with 3 or 4 though? I guess you just have to take your chances. Pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonster View Post
    I have followed this thread from its beginning and like all of you I was hoping for this to end in a reunification of Boz with his owner. Seeing the pic of Boz with his gray muzzle and those big trusting eyes just makes it that much harder to swallow.

I'm glad they caught the thief but unfortunately he will quite possibly only get a slap on the wrist. No matter what the outcome is with this thief and his criminal charges, nothing can be done to bring back poor Boz.

We love our dogs and treat them like the family members they are. It is amazing all of the responses from the public as well as RTF with everyone so concerned for Boz. It was like we all were holding our breath with our fingers crossed hoping and waiting for his safe return.

I will bet when the sorry thief dies none of us will know about it, there MIGHT be a small obituary hidden in the pages of some small locallly circulated paper, and just maybe a small gathering of family members will attend his funeral.

Boz however will never be forgotten. I will always remember the picture of poor old Boz, standing there with his aged muzzle and those big, tired, trusting, eyes, standing in his little bit of heaven on earth.

Lonster
    Well said Lonster...my sentiments exactly
    My Girls...
    Duckback's Lord Have Mercy, MH 8/07
    Duckback Armbrook's Indigo Pearl, SH 10/10