RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Dog Thief in LaFayette, La. HELP - Update: Found :(

70K views 228 replies 108 participants last post by  Good Dogs 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Returning from a great duck hunt in Texas with clients and my son Jamie we stopped in LaFayette for the night. Some scumbag in a Chevy/GM extended cab pickup truck spotted my dogtruck and stole my son's dog out of a padlocked dog box. He also took clothes and hunting equipment. A video from the back of the Wafflehouse caught him on camera but couldn't make out the plate number. My son is on leave from the Air Force before his next deployment and his dog, Boz ,is his child !! He has had him since he was 6 weeks old and he 10 years old now.

Please help us catch this f---king thief in the LaFayette , La. area.

Davis

#205 ·
Is it just me or in that news report does it almost sound like the police are appologizing for the criminal? I really hope that is a misquote. It makes no difference to me whether he had no intent for the dog to be harmed. Boz is dead and a worthless human is responsible, period. Somehow, they got to be able to nail this bastard for more than just burglary.

#207 · (Edited)
Is it just me or in that news report does it almost sound like the police are appologizing for the criminal? I really hope that is a misquote. It makes no difference to me whether he had no intent for the dog to be harmed. Boz is dead and a worthless human is responsible, period. Somehow, they got to be able to nail this bastard for more than just burglary.
The police aren't making excuses, that is a quote from the confession. He said that when he opened the door and the dog jumped out he started to run away thinking that the dog might come after him. He probably thought the names on the doors were people's names and gear lockers. The guy isn't too bright.

#206 ·
Please keep us informed as this story progresses. I would really like to know more about the miscreant and about what eventually comes of this. I can hardly stand to read the posts, but need to know what the whole story is.

#214 ·
I have followed this thread from its beginning and like all of you I was hoping for this to end in a reunification of Boz with his owner. Seeing the pic of Boz with his gray muzzle and those big trusting eyes just makes it that much harder to swallow.

I'm glad they caught the thief but unfortunately he will quite possibly only get a slap on the wrist. No matter what the outcome is with this thief and his criminal charges, nothing can be done to bring back poor Boz.

We love our dogs and treat them like the family members they are. It is amazing all of the responses from the public as well as RTF with everyone so concerned for Boz. It was like we all were holding our breath with our fingers crossed hoping and waiting for his safe return.

I will bet when the sorry thief dies none of us will know about it, there MIGHT be a small obituary hidden in the pages of some small locallly circulated paper, and just maybe a small gathering of family members will attend his funeral.

Boz however will never be forgotten. I will always remember the picture of poor old Boz, standing there with his aged muzzle and those big, tired, trusting, eyes, standing in his little bit of heaven on earth.

Lonster

#217 ·
For some reason it doesn't make me feel any better that the guy was caught. Soneone needs to catch up with him when he gets out and get street justice. There is no reason for that pos to have more than a couple teeth in his head. When your done leave him laying there. Just how this ******* feels about it.

#218 ·
Yep I agree Justin, tell you what I have never been comfortable leaving my dogs when on the road and this has me thinking about how the latches and locks on our dog boxes and trailers are nothing more than junk designed to keep an honest man out.

#219 ·
No doubt about that David. I'm sure the majority of the keys are interchangeable. I worried about it before but now I'll really worry. What do you do when your traveling with 3 or 4 though? I guess you just have to take your chances. Pretty sad.

#222 ·
Chris, you are so right. This may have been the best thing RTF as a group has done. I have been literally sick at my stomach since reading the outcome here and my heart is still broken thinking about Jamie and Davis. But I am rededicated to following RTF in case I might ever be in a place to help some one else. And my dogs will never be left in the box if I am in a motel, not even the chessie.

#223 · (Edited)
Hay Franco & Raymond,
I don't quite know how to word this, except

THANK YOU!!!!

I read this story, I had tears in my eyes and rage in my heart!!!

I felt helpless to help or do anything.
You did that for me/us................well done!!!

#228 ·
This terrible event put me in contact with some awfully wonderful people, like I told them, there's no doubt in my mind that the folks here would have done the same for me! Using your resources at hand is second nature and I am thankful they were there when We needed them. There are more good folks in Lafayette Louisiana than bad and we had a bunch working for us last week. Apologizes to anyone who were offended by my energetic posts, if you knew me well you would think my name should be Red Bull. Lets pray and hope we never need to mobilize like last week but take comfort that if needed, the army of RTF folks will rise to the challenge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.