The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Thief in LaFayette, La. HELP - Update: Found :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbone View Post
    I think the one positive thing that can be taken from this is how the RTF community quickly rallied with numerous sources to help. I know that if something this terrible ever happens to me that I can count on RTF to get the word out.
    You said it Brother!!!
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The "sub-humans" that taught the pit bulls this behavior should be picked up and put down.
    Yes, a better idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbone View Post
    I think the one positive thing that can be taken from this is how the RTF community quickly rallied with numerous sources to help. I know that if something this terrible ever happens to me that I can count on RTF to get the word out.
    I've been waiting to post the same thing. RTFers are acting like RTFers in the old days - offering help and support like they did after Katrina. It is good to see.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

I am in shock. I really wasn't prepared for this outcome. My heart goes out to the family of Boz. What a terrible terrible tragedy. I hope this SOB rotts and burns in hell, but hope its painfull for him till he gets there when the proper people get their hands on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    It seems there have been a few different theories as to how he wound up where he did and what the thief did with him after stealing him or breaking and entering the vehicle.

I feel terrible for Boz's whole family.

It is a positive that this story has gotten the media and public attention that it has. Hopefully it will lead to some punnishment for the perpetrator(s).

I honestly don't see what a breed of dog (pit) has to do with any of this at all.

If I were one of the folks who administers the local animal control, I'd be working to explain why some effort and communication was not done before they chose to put down the most looked-for canine in the county....and more importantly put into effect a process that prevents it in the future. That's pathetic. I get the idea someone was way too eager to put an innocent dog down.

I'd definitely say this is not going in a good direction for dirtbags who choose to break into peoples' vehicles and steal their dogs and property.
    Chris, I just posed this question to KATC since they are still reporting on this story,

This was their responce;

"We asked those same questions, but animal control said they followed protocol".

Also, folks are calling both TV and radio wanting to donate money for a new pup as well as some offering a pup. The reporter has a call in to Jamie.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Is it really known the condition of the dog before he was put down? This makes this whole thing worse to me and to be honest it's fishy. What a sickening situation. I feel so terrible for the owners. I hope the thief suffers the remainder of his life. Just ruins your day reading this.

After reading this story I cannot even begin to express how I feel about all of this. Outrage, disbelief, disgust and, above all, extreme sadness are filling me all at the same time. My heart is just broken for Boz and his family…
    Prayers and sincere sympathy to you all.
    If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver.

Flyin High in the Passenger Side CD RN CGC - "Scrub"

K&D's Sweet Romancer RN CGC - "Eddie" - newest member of the family.

High Flying Storm Trooper - Trooper (02/25/03 - 07/26/09) - He gave us his all - We miss you big guy...run and play...

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

I am so sorry for your loss. I just had eye surgery and after reading this story I don't need any wetting drops. Breaks my heart for the owners . You are in my prayers........
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Update: The POS has been arrested and should be in jail for quite a while. Multiple repeat offender. Gave a full confession to the robbery.

Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman50 View Post
    Update: The POS has been arrested and should be in jail for quite a while. Multiple repeat offender. Gave a full confession to the robbery.

Davis
    It doesn't bring Boz back ,but sooo glad to hear the news!
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "