The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Dog Thief in LaFayette, La. HELP - Update: Found :(

Which one of you has the signature line; "It all works out in the end or its not the end"? Very fitting statement to our family story I think. Will stay on top of prosecution and keep errybody up to date !
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman50 View Post
    Update: The POS has been arrested and should be in jail for quite a while. Multiple repeat offender. Gave a full confession to the robbery.

Davis
    Great news!

Davis also shared with me that the two Pit Bulls involved were staked out in a back yard that was not completely fenced. That one of the Pits became free when Boz came into the area. They belonged to a woman and that she was moving. Both Pits have been put down. Good to know that baiting wasn't involved or that dog fighting was going on in the area.

Justice will prevail.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

It's bad enough to be victimized by a thief. I don't know what I would do if I were in the shoes of Boz's family.
    Sincere condolences to them.
    NAFTCH FTCH AFTCH Mjolnir Bluebill Of Allanport
    Flatlands Bayduck of Allanport
    Dakota Creek Teal of Allanport

Is it just me or in that news report does it almost sound like the police are appologizing for the criminal? I really hope that is a misquote. It makes no difference to me whether he had no intent for the dog to be harmed. Boz is dead and a worthless human is responsible, period. Somehow, they got to be able to nail this bastard for more than just burglary.

Please keep us informed as this story progresses. I would really like to know more about the miscreant and about what eventually comes of this. I can hardly stand to read the posts, but need to know what the whole story is.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by TimFenstermacher View Post
    Is it just me or in that news report does it almost sound like the police are appologizing for the criminal? I really hope that is a misquote. It makes no difference to me whether he had no intent for the dog to be harmed. Boz is dead and a worthless human is responsible, period. Somehow, they got to be able to nail this bastard for more than just burglary.
    The police aren't making excuses, that is a quote from the confession. He said that when he opened the door and the dog jumped out he started to run away thinking that the dog might come after him. He probably thought the names on the doors were people's names and gear lockers. The guy isn't too bright.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-04-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

He's 49 year old scum, he needs to go away for along time.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by TimFenstermacher View Post
    Yes I got that same impression, it seems as though they are more than ready to minimize the gravity and impact of his crime and make this whole unpleasant thing go away.
    Field Trials are competitions....not everyone gets a "participation ribbon" and they do "keep score"

Music for walking to the line
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xr6KfJOFqk

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The police aren't making excuses, that is a quote from the confession. He said that when he opened the door and the dog jumped out he started to run away thinking that the dog might come after him. He probably thought the names on the doors were people's names and gear lockers. The guy isn't too bright.
    Isn't Too Bright is the root of so, so many tragedies...

The whole thing makes me sick. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. A nightmare.

(It has restored my faith in RTF though, and reminded me of my respect for a few online characters (ahem, Franco, as well as several people who offered to set up a fund) that I have not had the pleasure of meeting in person.)
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH