The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog Thief in LaFayette, La. HELP - Update: Found :(

Quote Originally Posted by runnindawgz View Post
    I just read this post and shared it on Face-book: "The dog's owner is on leave from the Air Force and asks the man to please leave the dog at the Lafayette Animal Shelter,..."

Might we be able to “sweeten the pot” and have a $ reward awaiting the “kindly person who might “FIND" Boz and drop him off at the shelter" no questions asked?

If it would help, just a thought, I’d chip in what I could.

Makes me SICK to hear about this.
    Great idea girl! Count me in!

If I caught someone attempting to steel my knucklehead, I feel strongly that he/she would be in mortal danger. Many years ago with my first lab some folks came into my backyard and attempted to take him as they thought that he was their dog (who had either escaped or been taken). We had a short discussion with them, suggested that if he was their dog, they should make him lie down (I have always used a non-standard, not guessable command for that). Dog wouldn't do it for them, did it instantly for my wife. We also showed our registration papers and they were convinced. Big friendly goof would probably have gone off with them if we hadn't been there.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin D View Post
    Story was also on the 6pm News.

Just as soon as we can get that photo, we'll make sure it gets plenty of exposure! With a metro of about 400,000 someone should be able to indentify the thief if he lives in the area.

I spoke with John Walton of Walton & Johnson this evening. He saw the story on Lost and Found Pets Acadiana (on Facebook) and made a comment on it. He called the thief a sonofabitch on Facebook. He said he would say something about it in the morning. His show is heard in Houston, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Alexandria, Lake Charles, New Orleans and Lafayette.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-02-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Have you checked the KATC facebook page there have been several sightings of him one at 4:30 today on a camera near the mall and one yesterday near Breaux Bridge with a green collar We just need people out in that area looking. This is the latest posting on that site, An hour ago we saw a black lab on I-10 near Breaux Bridge.. He was on the shoulder looking completely lost & helpless. This dog had a blue or green collar on. He was on the west side. Was he wearing a camo collar? Prayers sent

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3?ref=ts
    Last edited by gmhr1; 01-02-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Story was also on the 6pm News.

Just as soon as we can get that photo, we'll make sure it gets plenty of exposure! With a metro of about 400,000 someone should be able to indentify the thief if he lives in the area.

I spoke with John Walton of Walton & Johnson this evening. He saw the story on Lost and Found Pets Acadiana (on Facebook) and made a comment on it. He called the thief a sonofabitch on Facebook. He said he would say something about it in the morning. His show is heard in Houston, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Alexandria, Lake Charles, New Orleans and Lafayette.
    The district attorneys office knows about it as of this morning!
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

An hour ago we saw a black lab on I-10 near Breaux Bridge.. He was on the shoulder looking completely lost & helpless. This dog had a blue or green collar on. He was on the west side.
    What kind of collar did Boz have on!?

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Have you checked the KATC facebook page there have been several sightings of him one at 4:30 today on a camera near the mall and one yesterday near Breaux Bridge with a green collar We just need people out in that area looking. This is the latest posting on that site, An hour ago we saw a black lab on I-10 near Breaux Bridge.. He was on the shoulder looking completely lost & helpless. This dog had a blue or green collar on. He was on the west side. Was he wearing a camo collar? Prayers sent

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3?ref=ts
    Finding a stray black Lab down here is like looking for a needle in a stack of needles. Everybody around here owns a Lab or two and many aren't kept in their yards. Best we can hope for is that the thief still has the dog or that some brings him to one of the shelters.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I know I lived in Leesville & had a black lab. Everybody owned one. Hopefully with all the people looking he will be found quickly.
    Can you find out what collar he was wearing?
    Last edited by gmhr1; 01-02-2013 at 08:14 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Mann View Post
    One of the more disappointing parts of this is that the manager of the Jameson refused to come in yesterday and let the police view the hotel's surveillance video. She only lives a few minutes away, but her quote was that she "didn't come in for dogs." The police had to use the video from the Waffle House, which is next door. The police were at the Jameson asking to see the video and she still wouldn't come in to show it to them! There is a good chance the thief will be seen clearly on the hotel video, but this set everything back an entire day. So much for "pet friendly".

Buck
    I guess I will not be staying at ANY motels that are mentioned in the Newscast in the future --
    Last edited by g_fiebelkorn; 01-02-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    SouthFork Fly