The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: CH/MH breedings

Quote Originally Posted by Wazo View Post
    Thanks for the plug for Jett. He left for the Beauty Pagent part today! First show will be next weekend
    Best of luck to Jett! He's a very nice boy and I'm excited for you too. Keep us posted.

Ellison just got a major on her MH, Tiger, this weekend. May be another CH/MH this year....

Also, don't forget about those dogs that may have JH or SH or may just be personal hunting dogs. There are a few CHs out there that could do the work, but their owners don't have the experience or time to do it themselves or the money to send them off. You would be surprised whats out there once you start digging and asking questions.

My young girl has 8 points, a JH, 3 legs of her SH and hopefully will be running master this fall. Her sire is a personal gun dog.

Sue Puff
    Last edited by suepuff; 01-13-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

I will definitely keep you posted! I plan on taking my Goose girl out to some small shows and show her myself.

And in addition to all the above dogs/breeders mentioned, the age of frozen semen opens up the possiblity of sires that are no longer with us. I have 2 pups out of Ch/Mh Ruthless Blazing Brentley and he's been dead for years.

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    Ellison just got a major on her MH, Tiger, this weekend. May be another CH/MH this year....

Also, don't forget about those dogs that may have JH or SH or may just be personal hunting dogs. There are a few CHs out there that could do the work, but their owners don't have the experience or time to do it themselves or the money to send them off. You would be surprised whats out there once you start digging and asking questions.

My young girl has 8 points, a JH, 3 legs of her SH and hopefully will be running master this fall. Her sire is a personal gun dog.

Sue Puff
    You got that right.
    Topform's B-2 Spirit MH

Quote Originally Posted by Angie B View Post
    A dog that is more structuarlly correct with brains, a sound temperament and good looks

Yes I was,, Thank you for remembering. We didn't cross breed among the species. We stuck with strictly Holsteins. Cattle and hog genetics are far superior to what we do with horses and dogs. It's an agricultural industry. We had a company come out to "map" our herd and they would select bulls from their inventory specifically to compliment each cow. You usually had 3 options per cow. They could predict on any of their bulls the % of prepotency or repeatability their stud had in specific areas. Be it structure or milk/butter fat production.

All depends... Are we talking a male CH/MH or a female CH/MH?

Within the CH/MH dog or bitch?? I'm not sure what you're asking.

Angie
    Sorry typo..should have been CH/MH.

Thanks for the replies. Angie I agree with completely, wish there were EBV's in field labradors.

Genetics is fun. No? Yes? Sometimes?

When dai
    Field trial labradors, the wind beneath my wings,

sometimes poop under my boots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post

Sue Puff
    I'm always open to new blood regardless of the titles,,, Just give me a pedigree...

Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Redmarklabs View Post
    And in addition to all the above dogs/breeders mentioned, the age of frozen semen opens up the possiblity of sires that are no longer with us. I have 2 pups out of Ch/Mh Ruthless Blazing Brentley and he's been dead for years.
    Yep, this year I got a litter out of my girl, Cora, by Ch Topforms Edward MH, QAA. He's been gone for 12 years and the collection was 16 years old.

She's about 6 months old in these pictures.

IMG_1216a.jpgIMG_1168a.jpgIMG_1183a.jpg
    Kathleen

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you're not, in fact, just surrounded by a**holes" -William Gibson

She looks great Kathleen!
    Topform's B-2 Spirit MH

upcoming breeding of a stud with 3 of 4 Grandparents are CH/MH's and the sire of the bitch was a CH and a CAFC
    Discipline is no excuse for a lack of enthusiasm !!