The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CH/MH breedings

Kathleen...that's a beautiful young bitch! She's a looker and I bet she'll be a great working dog!
    My Girls...
    Duckback's Lord Have Mercy, MH 8/07
    Duckback Armbrook's Indigo Pearl, SH 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by DRAKEHAVEN View Post
    upcoming breeding of a stud with 3 of 4 Grandparents are CH/MH's and the sire of the bitch was a CH and a CAFC
    Who's litter is this?

Quote Originally Posted by suepuff View Post
    There are a few CHs out there that could do the work, but their owners don't have the experience or time to do it themselves or the money to send them off. You would be surprised whats out there once you start digging and asking questions.

My young girl has 8 points, a JH, 3 legs of her SH and hopefully will be running master this fall. Her sire is a personal gun dog.

Sue Puff
    Or sometimes a person just simply does not want the dog out on the road away from them. Part of the search requires researching the pedigree and I get that. When I committed to Magic's litter and in the show world ya agree to a lot for the pick that has nothing to do with puppy price in dollars (before the breeding) Blades was not a MH. I knew his story before the MH. Having owned a lab that overcame major challenges (severe fibrocartilaginous embolism) I knew I wanted a pup from him. I also knew the dams pedigree (sire was a MH littermate to a CH/SH) and a few things about the dam that now that she is 11 and no longer co owned well. She had a sliptie and according to xray no pups 2 days before going duck hunting thanksgiving morning. She had three pups that morning including BOB (now Montie) BOB = born on boat.
    So Magics mom jumped off the boat, grabbed the duck, got back on the boat, and popped out BOB.
    Other than cloning him, how do you find those working show lines? Just kidding about the cloning.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Redmarklabs View Post
    And in addition to all the above dogs/breeders mentioned, the age of frozen semen opens up the possiblity of sires that are no longer with us. I have 2 pups out of Ch/Mh Ruthless Blazing Brentley and he's been dead for years.
    The sire does not need to be alive if he has the titles. I am in search of working show lines on both the top and bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAKEHAVEN View Post
    upcoming breeding of a stud with 3 of 4 Grandparents are CH/MH's and the sire of the bitch was a CH and a CAFC
    would you mind sending a pm with details? This is really vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    You got that right.
    I really like everything I've seen about your dog. I'm looking for that on both the top and bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Vaughan View Post
    Kathleen...that's a beautiful young bitch! She's a looker and I bet she'll be a great working dog!
    Thanks Rick! I haven't been able to do much bird wise with her since it gets dark so early. But she's a fiend on her cadaver work. And a nut about water.
    Kathleen

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you're not, in fact, just surrounded by a**holes" -William Gibson