The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for Wes

Quote Originally Posted by runnindawgz View Post
    I believe the point was clearly made by the mode of inheritance chart provided by UMN and the EIC statistics in the link I provided addressed to the OP.

I feel that anyone with a high school education can understand the statistics and the possible vs. probable outcomes of breeding an EIC carrier to an EIC carrier.

I believe this OP did not have the education to back up his breeding and we all feel bad about the possibility that some of those pups may be affected by EIC and that some un-knowing homes will buy them, fall in love with those pups, and possibly have to deal with this a few months down the road...

I also believe that we at RTF will most likely never see this OP again and that we are all (those of us who DO understand the mode of inheritance) On the same page.

No need for further sarcasm or comments truly. I suppose a few of us clearly got a bit fred up by this “advertisement” of breeding practice..

The classified has been removed (thank you moderators).
    Atta Boy Girl! and Happy New Year!

I know Wes, and I don't understand why you started this thread that way and then moved to this crap. What does Wes have to do with it in the first place?

Wes is a very nice guy that I have known for a few years.

Marty
    Marty & Lesa
    Ramblin Maxx Retrievers
    Fort Worth, Texas
    817-564-3560
    www.ramblinmaxx.com

My two cents may be worth less than that... But here it is.

What if the OP was a well meaning (but uninformed ) young person who may have been able to learn something about retrievers from this forum? Seems the first instinct here is to blast a newbie for doing something that we find dumb... Thirty years ago that OP could have been me... I didn't know an AFC from an OFA (don't think we had them 30 years ago).

Instead of trying to explain to them what the problem was, we blast them into last week... Never to be heard from again. Who knows, could have turned out to be a good dog person with some encouragement... There are plenty of us here that express some "out there" opinions from time to time as well. I know this person did it with a breeding, but it won't be the last back yard breeding happening anytime soon... The fact that he took the time to come here in the first place shows that he may have been willing to learn something...

Disclaimer: I don't know Wes or the OP.
    Bill Davis

Personally, I thought that the responses were balanced, informative and emanated from a place of passion for these dogs. I'm sick of namby-pamby people who need to be coddled with their every ignorant, irresponsible and stupid thought validated. Had it up to my eyeballs.
    Mark

Senior Member Mike Peters-labguy23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    My two cents may be worth less than that... But here it is.

What if the OP was a well meaning (but uninformed ) young person who may have been able to learn something about retrievers from this forum? Seems the first instinct here is to blast a newbie for doing something that we find dumb... Thirty years ago that OP could have been me... I didn't know an AFC from an OFA (don't think we had them 30 years ago).

Instead of trying to explain to them what the problem was, we blast them into last week... Never to be heard from again. Who knows, could have turned out to be a good dog person with some encouragement... There are plenty of us here that express some "out there" opinions from time to time as well. I know this person did it with a breeding, but it won't be the last back yard breeding happening anytime soon... The fact that he took the time to come here in the first place shows that he may have been willing to learn something...

Disclaimer: I don't know Wes or the OP.
    Their website says they have been breeding since 1976.
    Mike Peters

Quote Originally Posted by HarryWilliams View Post
    I don't know Wes but if it helps, I just saw a guy walking down the road, looking at the ground, shaking his head and talking to hisself. HPW
    My name is Wes and I was not talking to myself, I was talking to my special friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Personally, I thought that the responses were balanced, informative and emanated from a place of passion for these dogs. I'm sick of namby-pamby people who need to be coddled with their every ignorant, irresponsible and stupid thought validated. Had it up to my eyeballs.
    Well there you go... Bet you feel all better now don't you?
    Bill Davis