The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap Alternative External Speaker for Dogtra Electronics

What I can't figure out about the setup in the video, is how is the amplifier powered?

It has to have a power source. It must have a fairly high capacity Li-Ion battery.

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    What I can't figure out about the setup in the video, is how is the amplifier powered?

It has to have a power source. It must have a fairly high capacity Li-Ion battery.
    I know...the kid really doesn't give much info. I actually have a Youtube account, so I may log in and see if i can post that guy a comment and maybe get some specs.

Sincere thanks for taking the time to respond on this.

I do think there's value in having a nice electronic caller type device to play the Guns Up sounds while training.

Chris

I bet he's using a headphone amp.

They're designed to push like 0.015 to 0.15 watts through 300 ohm headphones.
    I don't think that the amp will survive an 8 ohm load very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    CD, I've read stuff in the past about the use of an MP3 player hooked to a device like this for use as A) An electronic calling device for conservation order snow goose calling. B) A better way than a boom box to play the Guns Up CD or other Field Trial simulation sounds for training.

Are you enough of a RadioShack type geek to suggest what components to put together to make that work?

Let's say, for example I have the MP3 player already. Can I plug this straight in, or do I need an amplifying device as well? Any ideas?

IDK squat about electronics but a just little hunting background. Could you not run everthing off a 6V or 12Vbattery? The same thats in a mojo spinning wing decoy or game feeders which I have found at tractor supply or a battery warehouse and then for a remote use this? http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-HUT1900
    and
    Might be a little more that what your looking for but if you can use it for a dual purpose for snows, yotes or crows, a good friend of mine put this together. One of the best examples of how to do a remote elec calling system IMO. The site is well dated but here is the link http://gamehogghuntclub.com/Techniqu...%20Caller.html
    Good Luck!
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX