RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Do you use the saftey feature on Remingtons

• I use it every time I put the gun away, I think it is a great feature that every gun should have

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only use it for long term storage

• I have no opinion of the feature

• I unlock it the first time and never use it again, it worthless to me

Remington guns

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Nicki White 
#1 ·
This is an informal poll I am doing. Please take a minute to answer. It is regarding the safety key that remington has started putting on the safety button. You have to have the little key to unlock the safety to use the gun.
Please only answer if you have a remington with this feature.

#4 ·
BTW I have an 870 super mag 3.5 inch, an 11-87 super mag 3.5 inch and an SP10.The 870 and 1187 have the new safety locks on them. I like them, very easy to lock and unlock.I've had no problems with them

#5 ·
All the new Remington guns have it I believe they started 2 or 3 years ago. I have a couple of rifles with it but no shotguns. I unlock them when I take them home and leave them unlocked. All my guns are stored in a locked gun cabinet.!!!

#6 ·
This question stems from this weekend, a new turkey killer needed sighted in. I drove an hour and a half got everything ready, target out, sat down, put a shell in, went to turn off the safety....ARRRRGGGGGHHHH! Left the stupid little green key at home!!! I was pissed! There is nothing on a leatherman OR gerber tool that will unlock the stupid thing. I had to wonder what in the h-e-double toothpick the thing is for!

#7 ·
Achiro,

Sounds like the lock worked great to me.

Say you stopped at McDonalds on your way to sight that new toy in. And some punk with Columbine on his mind smashed your window and grabbed the gun. Aren't you glad he couldn't unlock it with a leatherman, screwdriver, or what ever.

#8 ·
Gerard Rozas said:
Achiro,

Sounds like the lock worked great to me.

Say you stopped at McDonalds on your way to sight that new toy in. And some punk with Columbine on his mind smashed your window and grabbed the gun. Aren't you glad he couldn't unlock it with a leatherman, screwdriver, or what ever.
The problem with that theory G is that every key is exactly the same, you just stick it in and twist. My 4 year old figured it out in under 2 minutes! In my opinion it is completely worthless EXCEPT if the purpose is to piss me off! :lol:

#10 ·
bump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.