The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new pup is in the oven!!

Default My new pup is in the oven!!

It finally happened guys... I have been waiting for about a year for a specific breeding. As most of you know, I have been out of the game as a handler for a while. Still judging to keep my hand in the game...

My wife and I have been wanting to get a pup and get back into the sport as our old girl is 13 now and we have a 6 yo male that does not compete.

The sire is a well known NAFC whose son is a yellow NAFC. And the bitch some might remember running some derbies a few years ago and she is chocolate.

Time for me to get back in the saddle. Looking forward to having a pup around the house...
    Last edited by huntinman; 01-03-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    Bill Davis

Congratulations
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

CONGRATUALATIONS!!! Now we will get togather to train some. Find some gounds there and I will come up some. I do have great grounds here.

Are you getting a male or female? My guess is that if sire is yellow then pups will be all black. Getting back hame about May 1st. Keep me posted via PM's.
    Looking forward.

Good deal! Dust off those bumpers.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Way cool
    Bill told me over a year ago that he was leaning strongly to Grady, as he could care less about appeasing the masses that wanted choco pups from Ammo. His only concern was to get the best pups he could REGARDLESS of color.
    Glad he stuck to his guns, and gotta believe that should be a nice nick producing some great pups.
    Enjoy your pup Bill.
    Thats not a bad breeding to jump back in with. Haha
    You will now have much more enjoyable ways to spend your time than wasting it here in this mental desert & echo chamber

Congrats on the pup!!!

Can't wait to hear about your exploits!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 01-03-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

so are you getting a Male or a Female.....and with this particular breeding will there be pups of all three colors...or will they be choc w/yellow factored ? Congrats
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    It finally happened guys... I have been waiting for about a year for a specific breeding. As most of you know, I have been out of the game as a handler for a while. Still judging to keep my hand in the game...

My wife and I have been wanting to get a pup and get back into the sport as our old girl is 13 now and we have a 6 yo male that does not compete.

The sire is a well known NAFC whose son is a yellow NAFC. And the bitch some might remember running some derbies a few years ago and she is chocolate.

Time for me to get back in the saddle. Looking forward to having a pup around the house...
    Good 4 U - a dog with Code Blue in the background is a damn good start .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Good deal! Dust off those bumpers.
    and build a coup!!!
    very good news!!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Congrats on the pup! Should be a good one and glad you're getting back in the games. Now you can brawl on the main board as well as on here
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981