The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: A new catch phrase for you all.

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,315

    Default A new catch phrase for you all.

    A new catch phrase for you all.
    I think it is mine,
    I don’t hear anyone else using it yet.
    So much today is a one-line sound bite. So here you go.
    It came to me last week in the solitude of the woods. So, so, so much of the terrible mass murders of recent time. The Schools, Malls, Movies. Public speaking events by beloved political figures. Have been blamed upon guns. It is the fault of the gun itself. Yet all these terrible events happened in places people did not, or could not, bring guns to.
    If it truly were the guns fault……….
    “WHY IS IT YOU NEVER SEE A MASS SHOOTING AT A GUN RANGE?”

    hhhmmmmm? Gosh I wonder why.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  2. #2
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,654

    Default

    In line with Ken here, how does anyone ever leave a "GUN SHOW" alive??????
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #3
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Or how about sporting goods and gun stores? Never heard of any mass killings at any of them. We have a local gun store here, Clark Bros., that's a media favorite to photograph for TV blame-the-gun stories. Lots of gun haters like Mayor Bloomburg love to blame VA for all the guns in the hands of criminals. Clark's has a gun range out back and has been around for probably 50 years. Funny I've never heard of any murder or shooting there....
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    A new catch phrase for you all.
    I think it is mine,
    I don’t hear anyone else using it yet.
    So much today is a one-line sound bite. So here you go.
    It came to me last week in the solitude of the woods. So, so, so much of the terrible mass murders of recent time. The Schools, Malls, Movies. Public speaking events by beloved political figures. Have been blamed upon guns. It is the fault of the gun itself. Yet all these terrible events happened in places people did not, or could not, bring guns to.
    If it truly were the guns fault……….
    “WHY IS IT YOU NEVER SEE A MASS SHOOTING AT A GUN RANGE?”

    hhhmmmmm? Gosh I wonder why.
    I bet it is because they don't allow ammo!!

    Joke Joke everybody

  5. #5
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    A new catch phrase for you all.
    I think it is mine,
    I don’t hear anyone else using it yet.
    So much today is a one-line sound bite. So here you go.
    It came to me last week in the solitude of the woods. So, so, so much of the terrible mass murders of recent time. The Schools, Malls, Movies. Public speaking events by beloved political figures. Have been blamed upon guns. It is the fault of the gun itself. Yet all these terrible events happened in places people did not, or could not, bring guns to.
    If it truly were the guns fault……….
    “WHY IS IT YOU NEVER SEE A MASS SHOOTING AT A GUN RANGE?”

    hhhmmmmm? Gosh I wonder why.
    because it is a "Criminal Free Zone"
    Bill Davis

  6. #6
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    because it is a "Criminal Free Zone"


    gosh that should be a sign. I should make one for my sugarhouse!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  7. #7
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,313

    Default

    Why is it we never see a mass shooting in Switzerland? Oh wait, we just did. Guns mandated by the state. Well, Hell there goes that arguement. The shooter had been evaluated by the state, (remember, the state we don't want...) had removed and destroyed his state issued guns. Yet he was able to procur other guns, shoot and kill 3, and wound others.
    http://www.google.com/#q=switzerland...w=1016&bih=577
    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,315

    Default

    so crazy criminal with unlawfully obtained guns and enough ammo to kill dozens.
    kills 3. then what happend? He was shot. Your point please?????
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  9. #9
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    so crazy criminal with unlawfully obtained guns and enough ammo to kill dozens.
    kills 3. then what happend? He was shot. Your point please?????
    The Swiss model of guns issued to former military to keep at home is often touted as a model. Yet that model failed. Even though his guns had been removed because he had be adjudicated as unstable, he was still able to procur the guns used. There's no easy answer is there?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    The Swiss model of guns issued to former military to keep at home is often touted as a model. Yet that model failed. Even though his guns had been removed because he had be adjudicated as unstable, he was still able to procur the guns used. There's no easy answer is there?
    No there is no easy answer.
    So what makes anyone think ignoring the 2nd Am is "the answer"?
    You cannot legislate away crazy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •