The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new catch phrase for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    The Swiss model of guns issued to former military to keep at home is often touted as a model. Yet that model failed. Even though his guns had been removed because he had be adjudicated as unstable, he was still able to procur the guns used. There's no easy answer is there?
    What stupidity. About 50,000 people get killed a year in cars. we have airbags, seat belts, and even more. should we get rid of Cars? How about bicycles? Oh no! People even get killed on bicycles. Let's get rid of bicycles. We just have to walk. Garbage in garbage out. There is risk in everything and nothing is all good and nothing is all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    No there is no easy answer.
    So what makes anyone think ignoring the 2nd Am is "the answer"?
    You cannot legislate away crazy
    If we could legislate away crazy Washington DC would disappear. (what a wonderful thought)

Speaking of Washington D.C., until very recently when the Supreme Court overturned its handgun ban, it had some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Also one of the highest murder rates. Yet last year there were only 88 murders, a huge decline. It's been all over the news...yet nowhere have I heard mention that it just might be because the handgun ban was lifted?
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Speaking of Washington D.C., until very recently when the Supreme Court overturned its handgun ban, it had some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Also one of the highest murder rates. Yet last year there were only 88 murders, a huge decline. It's been all over the news...yet nowhere have I heard mention that it just might be because the handgun ban was lifted?
    Remember Carl Rowan - big spokesman with a pulpit as an editorial writer with the WA Times for the anti-gun crowd, but had an unregistered weapon in his house.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

More people were murdered last year by hammers than rifles by a number of close to 2 to 1. More people were murdered by the use of hands last year than by rifles. Are we going to outlaw hammers and hands?

Weapons are not the problem. People are the problem. You can not legislate away murder. People that want to kill, will kill regardless of the weapon they have. You just never hear about the hammers because it lacks sensationalism. Therefore it is a BORING headline.

Keep the second amendment, open the nut house's back up and lock the crazies away. That ladies and gentleman is my non political correct statement of the day.

My opinion

Richard

Well put, I hope your aim tomorrow is as accurate as your opinion is today. See ya in the am.

American Thinker had an interesting piece on why you need larger clips ... various scenarios of multiple attackers and also the inability of .22s and .38 slugs not being able to take down an attacker before he could inflict serious injury.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    .................................................. .....................................

Keep the second amendment, open the nut house's back up and lock the crazies away. That ladies and gentleman is my non political correct statement of the day.

My opinion

Richard
    Good post.

I don't know if this had been covered in any thread lately so here goes. How many of these people who commit mass murders have been hunters of game animals ? Not trying to hi-jack this thread.

P.S. I have not heard of one of them being a hunter/sportsman before they went off their rocker. They practiced with a gun at gun ranges in some cases but that is not the same.
    Last edited by charly_t; 01-04-2013 at 10:27 PM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    A new catch phrase for you all.
    I think it is mine,
    I don’t hear anyone else using it yet.
    So much today is a one-line sound bite. So here you go.
    It came to me last week in the solitude of the woods. So, so, so much of the terrible mass murders of recent time. The Schools, Malls, Movies. Public speaking events by beloved political figures. Have been blamed upon guns. It is the fault of the gun itself. Yet all these terrible events happened in places people did not, or could not, bring guns to.
    If it truly were the guns fault……….
    “WHY IS IT YOU NEVER SEE A MASS SHOOTING AT A GUN RANGE?”

hhhmmmmm? Gosh I wonder why.
    Crazy but not stupid maybe. You could probably also say that they are cowards..........gun range users are equiped to shoot back ( and know how ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~