The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Bill Whittle Speech

Default Bill Whittle Speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgxlp2UJI5I

It's kind of long, and there is a section where he gets pretty hawkish about Iran, but overall he makes a lot of good points. Makes good points on how Romney should have handled questions about his wealth; and how POTUS could/should have responded to the Benghazi attack.

He basically starts out with trying to understand why conservatives seem to be ashamed of their message. His ending is thought-provoking: he cites how the progressives are so very good at all they do when it comes to promoting their agenda, getting out votes, and using the media. This versus how poorly conservatives do all these things. Yet, in spite of how poorly conservative perform in those areas, the election comes down to just about 50/50. His conclusion: it would take so very little for conservatives to turn the tide in their favor ... just by truly believing their own message and doing just SOME things right.

The whole fiasco in Congress that has been going on could be interpreted to be due to the same reasons. And I also keep thinking of Rand Paul's efforts to rescue the Pakistani doctor who helped located bin Laden falling on deaf ears.

Romney should have hired Whittle to run his campaign, or at least his speechwriter!
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Who the hell is Bill Whittle and why should anyone care?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Well...lookee here. The FAMOUS phoney Sarge has spoken...like anyone gives a crap. Been in charge of any platoons lately, Sarge? Or are you as military as Algore and that other pathetic gigolo that has intentions of being the new sec of state?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I had no idea who he was either. Just stumbled across the video on YouTube. Here's the intro on Wikipedia:
    William A. "Bill" Whittle (born April 7, 1959[1]) is an American conservative blogger, political commentator, director, screenwriter, editor, pilot, and author. He is best known for his PJ Media internet videos and short films, one of which, "Three and a Half Days", has been viewed more than 2.4 million times on YouTube as of November 2012[update].[2] He is currently the presenter of Afterburner and The Firewall, and co-hosts Trifecta with Stephen Green and Scott Ott. In addition, Whittle has interviewed a number of political personalities as a PJTV.com commentator.

He is a former National Review Online contributor and has been a guest on the Fox News Channel, The Dennis Miller Show, Sun TV, and national radio programs. His first book, Silent America: Essays from a Democracy at War, was published in 2004. Since 2009, Whittle has been a featured speaker at universities and a number of Republican and Tea Party events throughout the United States. He is also the co-founder of Declaration Entertainment, an independent film studio, and a narrator for Encounter Books.
    Doesn't really matter who he is. He makes some comments that are worth thinking about.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Well...lookee here. The FAMOUS phoney Sarge has spoken...like anyone gives a crap. Been in charge of any platoons lately, Sarge? Or are you as military as Algore and that other pathetic gigolo that has intentions of being the new sec of state?

UB
    Wow, Rush's retard posted something on his own instead of copy and pasting, I didn't think you had it in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I had no idea who he was either. Just stumbled across the video on YouTube. Here's the intro on Wikipedia:

Doesn't really matter who he is. He makes some comments that are worth thinking about.
    But, Gerry...don't you KNOW????? That's an afront to the lefties like the Sarge. Since his messiah is in charge, NOBODY has any view worth listening to, other than what the annointed class has to say.

UB

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Wow, Rush's retard posted something on his own instead of copy and pasting, I didn't think you had it in you.
    You are completely correct, Stan. This is a typical Minnesooota loon. This IS as conservative as they get. They've lost anything of value in their God-forsaken state, so they will come to sodak and then bitch if we can't supply them with ideal hunting that they long ago destroyed in loonland.

BTW, you SHOULD do some copy and pasting. You may stumble on something worth reading...it certainly isn't coming from your views.

UB

You are completely correct, Stan. This is a typical Minnesooota loon. This IS as conservative as they get. They've lost anything of value in their God-forsaken state, so they will come to sodak and then bitch if we can't supply them with ideal hunting that they long ago destroyed in loonland.

BTW, you SHOULD do some copy and pasting. You may stumble on something worth reading...it certainly isn't coming from your views.

UB
    Besides stocked birds, sky carp and Kones what exactly does SD have to offer me that I can't get within a 15 mile drive from my house?

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Besides stocked birds, sky carp and Kones what exactly does SD have to offer me that I can't get within a 15 mile drive from my house?

I have no clue. I wouldn't be caught dead in the Peoples Republic of Minnesooooota. But hanging out 15 miles from your house sounds like a good plan for you. I'll be sure to never enter into your territory.

Now if I can just get you to stop reading my posts, that would make my day.

UB

...... I wouldn't be caught dead in the Peoples Republic of Minnesooooota.

UB
    Now, that is cause for celebration!! Lets break out the beer, Gundog
    Last edited by zeus3925; 01-03-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!