The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Germany in the '30's, US in the 2010's

Default Germany in the '30's, US in the 2010's

Don't think it can't happen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVmGWLsn0iM
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Don't think it can't happen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVmGWLsn0iM
    Your proposal, we all know it happens, what do you advance to correct this situation?

Several years ago at the National in Lufkin the program specifically stated "If a deputy tells you to do something, do it'. Some here will remember the movie "Tank" with James Garner, at the time I had some young engineers from the south working for me. I asked them about the movie & they stated that the movie was not indicative of the level of abuse of the law that takes place.

Here in WA we are routinely subjected to TV showing blatant brutality, yet no one seems to care. The SPD & KCSD are both under federal oversight for brutality. The state is very Liberal & hippy like. If no one seems to be concerned in that atmosphere how far do you think law abiding folks will get in an attempt to correct the situation?

But this goes farther, the regulators routinely abuse their authority, stating that you can always sue them, at your expense, with no ability to recover attorney fees. I believe that to be as bad as physical abuse!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

That's been part of my point when I ask, when they tell you to turn in your guns or face prosecution, how many will be willing to take on the authorities? This video really makes my blood boil, especially the case of the guy who had been in the wreck, had third degree burns all over his body and then was tasered and finally shot to death. Not sure that I would be able to comply if in that condition and damn sure that if I was severely burned wouldn't want to lay on my face. Just pure idiocy and lack of compassion on the part of the jackass law-enforcement. I got a speeding ticket about three years ago (on the way to check out the litter from which I got my current knucklehead). I was speeding, had missed the sign stepping the limit down as I approached a town, but the officer also accused me of throwing a styrofoam cup out of my window which was a scurrilous lie. Folks who know me well will tell you that they would believe that I had killed someone before they would believe that I had littered, and I was pretty unhappy about that, but nothing I could do to make him take it off the ticket. Told him to go back and find the cup and I'd let them fingerprint me but no dice. Jackass. Pisses me off just thinking about it, and lets me know that one can't just blindly take the side of the LEO.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    That's been part of my point when I ask, when they tell you to turn in your guns or face prosecution, how many will be willing to take on the authorities? This video really makes my blood boil, especially the case of the guy who had been in the wreck, had third degree burns all over his body and then was tasered and finally shot to death. Not sure that I would be able to comply if in that condition and damn sure that if I was severely burned wouldn't want to lay on my face. Just pure idiocy and lack of compassion on the part of the jackass law-enforcement. I got a speeding ticket about three years ago (on the way to check out the litter from which I got my current knucklehead). I was speeding, had missed the sign stepping the limit down as I approached a town, but the officer also accused me of throwing a styrofoam cup out of my window which was a scurrilous lie. Folks who know me well will tell you that they would believe that I had killed someone before they would believe that I had littered, and I was pretty unhappy about that, but nothing I could do to make him take it off the ticket. Told him to go back and find the cup and I'd let them fingerprint me but no dice. Jackass. Pisses me off just thinking about it, and lets me know that one can't just blindly take the side of the LEO.
    Been in the car when hubby was accused of passing in a school zone. 4 lanes the other car turned off.......duh. We got off because we had just visited the only doc in that small town and he was respected ( and maybe feared a little ). Oh yeah, that town's cops drowned a drunk woman while trying to "sober her up". Unless you have lots of the folding green stuff you can't get justice. And you better find a lawyer in another town with no ties to that one to handle the case. Local judges have to be willing to go against the local LE and that may not happen.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Kinda funny (not funny ha ha) that you never see police treat gang members that way. MMMMM may be they are on the same team,,, or live in a parallel universe any way

And you think voting will solve this issue.

Houston we have a problem !
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Don't get me wrong. I know several of the LEO in our area and think they are mostly good folks, but unfortunately it only takes one or two on a power trip to cause real problems and when it becomes a culture (within law enforcement) of us against them, that's a real problem. Had a friend several years ago, a long term resident, landowner, and businessman who had someone dump a bunch of junk on his property. When he called the sheriff's office, the first thing the officer did when he arrived was ask for my friend's DL and then wanted to run it for wants and warrants. Friend told him to get off his property. Would have pissed me off too.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)