Just read about this new resolution by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) to discourage Homeopathic treatment in pets. The resolution will be put up for a vote on Saturday, Jan. 5, TOMORROW.
The AVMA has already passed a resolution on Aug. 3, 2012, to discourage the use of Raw Diets, or the Ancestral Diet (what dogs and cats ate in the wild).
AVMA RESOLUTION: Homeopathy Has Been Identified as an Ineffective Practice and Its Use Is Discouraged
RESOLVED, that the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) affirms tható
1. Safety and efficacy of veterinary therapies should be determined by scientific investigation.
2. When sound and widely accepted scientific evidence demonstrates a given practice as ineffective or that it poses risks greater than its possible benefits, such ineffective or unsafe philosophies and therapies should be discarded.
3. In keeping with AVMA policy on Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine, AVMA discourages the use of therapies identified as unsafe or ineffective, and encourages the use of the therapies based upon sound, accepted principles of science and veterinary medicine.
4. Homeopathy has been conclusively demonstrated to be ineffective.
You can read the full resolution here on the AVMA website. CLICK HERE
The American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association has prepared a response of their own. The AHVMA response covers 3 points:
1. The AVMA has models, but actual recommendations about veterinary practice are the responsibility of veterinary state boards. There are a number of states that include homeopathy in their state laws about the practice of veterinary medicine.
2. There are a number of misstatements in the white paper, and we are listing them for delegates.
3. AHVMA believes that when anyone considers a modality, they should talk to people who are considered experts in the field. Before voting, there a task force should be formed which includes experts in the field of homeopathy, to look at further evidence and make recommendations to the HOD. That way delegates to the House can make an informed decision.
You can read the full reply by CLICKING HERE.
I'm sure many of you have successfully used Raw Diets and Homeopathic treatment in treating many senior pets holistically. Many have used it to treat other diseases by boosting the immune system in pets naturally.
Contact info for the AVMA is below. Remember that the vote is tomorrow (Saturday, January 5), so if you want to weigh in, you should do it via email, phone or fax right away:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 800-248-2862
Fax number: 847-925-1329