The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Dog Food for Labs

Dog food formulas and prices are always changing with time to time."I have been using this food for four months for my chihuahuas and Japanese Chins. They are extremely fussy but all plates are clean. They are all in super condition".

Do you guys keep your dogs on performance blends year around of just during heavy work/hunting seasons?

Default Great Dog Food Review Site

Check out the reviews at dogfoodadvisor.com

Recently started using The Pride dog food, and seeing amazing results. The price is easy on the wallet to!
    You must always push the limits, because if you never fail you will never succeed.

Look at Victor Dog food. Good quaqlity at reasonable price

A lot of these foods that are recommended in this thread have higher fiber than what I am currently feeding my dog. I really don't want more piles of poop, but I realize that Pro Plan isn't the best food that I can be feeding him. Any experiences with Blue Buffalo Wilderness?

Jason, There is nothing wrong with Pro Plan All Life Stages, have fed it for many years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Davis View Post
    Look at Victor Dog food. Good quaqlity at reasonable price
    Victor is probably the most underpriced food on the market. I have used the teal blue bag 30/20 and I thought it was quite good.

If you have one dog to feed Dr. Tim's Pursuit and Annamaet Ultra are the two best foods you can buy. They can be pricey in a kennel situation unless you buy direct or become a dealer. I buy from a sled trainer that puts some good money in her pocket each month from being a small dealer, and she feeds her dogs at cost.

I also feed PPP Sport. I think I may be having a problem with it. MY BLF appears to have allergies to the food. I just had her to the vet yesterday to clear an ear infection. In 2 weeks they want to see her again. If infection is not clear we are going to switch food. She also scratches quite a bit. Like Spin Retriever said, there is alot of corn in PPP.
    Quote Originally Posted by J Cosentino View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to RTF and a new full breed lab owner. My dog is currently 6 weeks old and I am feed him Purina Pro Plan Sport 30/20 (all life stages). Does anyone have experience with this food or recommends anything else? Also, are supplements a necessity? I want my pup to reach his fullest potential and size. TIA

Bump......