The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: vacuum sealers

Default vacuum sealers

I have had a Foodsaver vacuum sealer for about 2 years. It was sent back because of a problem sealing and it just started cycling and would not stop. I got it back and it just never seemed to work right. I was told moisture was getting in the pump. Well since most stuff I seal has liquid in it , I was careful to dry off the meat with paper towels etc before seasling. Well today was the last straw. After sealing only 2 bags of fish from a fishing trip,it went on the fritz again. It is now in approximately 34 peices in a box now. Do yourself a favor if you are in the market for a vacuum sealer and want to use it for freezing meat and fish, save a little longer and get a good commercial unit,which I begin looking for this week. If anyone has any info or reviews of good comm. sealers please pass it on. Thanks Jim
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

I have the Food Saver Professional (paid about $300 for it). I have had it for about 4 years not and never have had a problem with it. Most of my early issues were becasue I neglected to read the instructions. Not saying that was your issue, just that my early experiences would have been beter if I had not been in such a rush.

I have sealed brisket, fish, venison, meat to be marinated in a wet mixture, all without issue.

Just my experience. I know htere is a lesser unit sold by Food Saver, is that the one you have?

FWIW.

Steve
    Quote to wife after dating several years....."The dogs were here when you got here and they will be here when you are long gone"

I had the foodsaver professional II
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

I simply fold a paper towel and place it in the bag before sealing. Moisture does not get through it.

Jerry
    "Where The Hell Is Bedias, TX?"