The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAA Warns Against E15 Gasoline

Default AAA Warns Against E15 Gasoline

I don't burn the 10% ethanol crap, but I know that in some states you don't have a choice.

Auto mfg's are warning that if you use E15, your vehilces warranty will be voided!

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/2000862202001/
    Our hard working government in action!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

If your vehicle is designed for flex fuel its just fine, if its not don't use it pretty simply. I am against subsidizing anything to do with business including oil and ethanol, but after years and years of ethanol being mandated in so many states I can't believe that manufactures are still using fuel lines, seals ect. that are being destroyed by ethanol, seems pretty brain dead by the engineering standpoint IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    If your vehicle is designed for flex fuel its just fine, if its not don't use it pretty simply. I am against subsidizing anything to do with business including oil and ethanol, but after years and years of ethanol being mandated in so many states I can't believe that manufactures are still using fuel lines, seals ect. that are being destroyed by ethanol, seems pretty brain dead by the engineering standpoint IMO.
    According to the story, only 2013 year models can handle the stuff. Must be a reason so many auto mfg's won't honor their warranty. One definitly can't burn that trash in their outboards and ATV's unless they want to get them serviced every few months.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-04-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

The ethanol boondoggle is a good case example that our partisan politics aint good for anybody except the lobbyists and their special interests.
    It pisses me off that our system is so corrupt and the best interests of the citizens & the country recieve little more than lip service from our "leaders"

Ethanol is even at the current 10% very detrimental to gasoline engines, it cost me every year for repairs on small engines in my business. I hope they eliminate it completely but I guess thanks to the tree huggers that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyJ View Post
    Ethanol is even at the current 10% very detrimental to gasoline engines, it cost me every year for repairs on small engines in my business. I hope they eliminate it completely but I guess thanks to the tree huggers that will never happen.
    Can't blame the tree huggers for this one. Look to ADM and the corn lobby

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Can't blame the tree huggers for this one. Look to ADM and the corn lobby
    Big government run by special interest to our rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    According to the story, only 2013 year models can handle the stuff. Must be a reason so many auto mfg's won't honor their warranty. One definitly can't burn that trash in their outboards and ATV's unless they want to get them serviced every few months.
    I watched the Fox video you posted and expert said that as long as its a flex fuel vehicle its OK, that's about at the 3.40 mark in the video. I know of many flex fuel vehicles that where made years ago (the Taurus and f150 to name a couple), don't understand why its taken so long for the industry to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Any vehicle with a flex fuel engine can burn fuel that is up to 85% ethanol. There are millions of flex fuel vehicles on the road now. U.S. manufacturers have been building them for several years now. Newer vehicles without flex fuel engines can still burn the 10% ethanol. I am not sure about the 15% stuff. But, you are right, it will mess up your outboard.

Now that we know that there are enough oil & gas reserves to handle our energy problems, does it make sense to continue the corn lobby supports once we can bring the oil & gas into production?

A question for the engineers: is CNG cleaner for the air than the ethanol products?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.