The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.5" antenna

Default 3.5" antenna

I am looking to buy an aftermarket antenna for a TT Pro control receiver. Does anyone know af a supplier for a cost effective replacemrnt for the OEM antenna?

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

have you tried the www.collarclinic.com they seem to have parts for everything
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    I am looking to buy an aftermarket antenna for a TT Pro control receiver. Does anyone know af a supplier for a cost effective replacemrnt for the OEM antenna?

john
    Take your transmitter to Radio Shack and if they don't have one in stock they can order one for you.

20 dollars at TT.
    Tom Dorroh

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    have you tried the www.collarclinic.com they seem to have parts for everything
    Thanks Bon. .

Yes I am sure they have them, as does TT, but their shipping costs on a twenty dollar item at times adds 50/75% to the cost of the item. Things like batteries are a prime example.

Just doing a little networking here on the RTF... What I was hoping for is a few aftermarket antenna (that will fit) supplier suggestions .........

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

Depending on the vintage of your receiver, you might need an adapter, as the antenna male threads might be smaller than the receiver. Adapter is free.
    Tom Dorroh

John, I have a misc assortment of attenas. I have three that are 5.5 inches but screw into the 3.5 inch attena female end of the pro control receiver. They have tritronics imprinted on the side. I don't remember what they came off of but probably old TT ecollar transmitters. Tomorrow when I train I will put in one of the controllers to see if it works.

You can have it for free if it will work for you.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    John, I have a misc assortment of attenas. I have three that are 5.5 inches but screw into the 3.5 inch attena female end of the pro control receiver. They have tritronics imprinted on the side. I don't remember what they came off of but probably old TT ecollar transmitters. Tomorrow when I train I will put in one of the controllers to see if it works.

Plus $15.00 shipping and handling...
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post

Thanks Wayne, let me know if it works.

john

Got mine from Cabela's 19.95 as I remember
    Blue Skies Eye of the Storm MH
    Blue Skies Rags to Richs MH
    Blue Skies Travelin Man MH
    Blue Skies Snowy River Cruse SH
    Blue Skies Rough Rider Kate SH
    and all Chesapeake Bay Retrievers