The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Alaska salmon fishing

Default Alaska salmon fishing

I was going to wait till we got home but with all the Alaska threads it fits
    We are here in Soldotna with Clint and his two sons,the sockeye salmon run is in full swing and we are knocking g them dead , well everyone but me, just can't seem to land but one limit Clint on the other hand is the number one salmon killer next to the brown bear

image-994851422.jpg

image-1679310640.jpg

The following picture are a pair of boots he bought MaryKent made from Alaska beaver and wolf , you don't want to know how much they were along with a 100 %beaver state trooper hat

image-2684361245.jpg

We opted to not run the trials up here since the boys are with us but will run the next two trials in the Uintas

And it's 66 degrees here and I had to wear some fleece hoodies under the waders, the water is cold, I know because I fell in already
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I trained today in Turnagain Pass with 3 people from Soldotna. They said the river was full of reds.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Brother and wife recently moved to King Salmon after living years in Cordova, AK. The fishing is great, close to a hundred reds in a day of fishing. They can harvest 300 for subsistence but are concentrating on kings.
    So far 26 lbs is their largest king.
    Oh how I wish....

Good eats...
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Cool! Have fun in the Uintas. We were there this time last year and I saw ( a little TOO close) the biggest creature I have ever been near. A huge moose that would have dwarfed a Clydesdale! The trout fishing wasn't bad either.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Keep a look out for a guide who is about 6'-8" and rides with a Chessie and a fella who runs a charter plane service. Have a few pups right in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I was going to wait till we got home but with all the Alaska threads it fits
    We are here in Soldotna with Clint and his two sons,the sockeye salmon run is in full swing and we are knocking g them dead , well everyone but me, just can't seem to land but one limit Clint on the other hand is the number one salmon killer next to the brown bear

[ATTACH]14217[/ATTACH

image-1679310640.jpg

The following picture are a pair of boots he bought MaryKent made from Alaska beaver and wolf , you don't want to know how much they were along with a 100 %beaver state trooper hat

image-2684361245.jpg

We opted to not run the trials up here since the boys are with us but will run the next two trials in the Uintas

And it's 66 degrees here and I had to wear some fleece hoodies under the waders, the water is cold, I know because I fell in already

YOU......ARE.....KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun! Wish I was there!-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard N View Post
    I trained today in Turnagain Pass with 3 people from Soldotna. They said the river was full of reds.
    we took the boys to the grounds at Turnagain Pass on the way to Soldotna just to remember Mr McFall and of course the stories started to flow, a few tears, but also a ton of smiles....

Well make one final assault on the reds this morning before heading to Anchorage tonite, flying out early Sunday

We saw moose every day here on the side of the road, many with calves, the locals tell us between the cars and the wolves they are doing a number on them
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Those boots were made famous by Chris Kleinburger. He took the Native's the first rubber boots which they transformed into a stylish original UGG boot. They were a huge hit at Saks 5th Ave when he debuted them and his clothing line of Safari based designs in the early 1960's.

Sounds like a great trip. Have fun. Thanks for sharing those pics.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    Pink Lady

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray