The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope all the Okie's are ok -gdg

Default Hope all the Okie's are ok -gdg

Hope that all of our Oklahoma RTF'ers are safe and sound...Rainbolt,Springer,T.West,Bruce L, MK, Terrie....I know I may have missed a few....let us know that you and your families are safe from the wrath of Mother Nature
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

It was crazy. Tornado about a mile from the hotel. Saw the damage on the way to airport this morning. Not something I'm used too being from Oregon

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

To put it into perspective, where Paul was judging this weekend (Meeker) was a short 13 miles from where the tornado touched down (Shawnee). It was a big ONE over a mile wide. Unfortunately there was one death but it could have been much, much worse.

RD
    Official Launcher of the 2005, 2006,2007,2008,2009 & 2010 HRC Fall & Spring Grand!

Residents of the affected areas were pretty fortuanate with the way these storms formed and moved throgh the area in that there was advanced warning for those in the damage path. Definately could have been much worse given one of the hardest hit areas was a trailer park. Sounds like a lot of residents had enough time to get in there vehicles and leave the area. Could still get hairy here again this afternoon, guess we'll see.

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

I hope we are not hearing from some of our RTF family in the areas hit due to power/internet outages and not due to injuries or other devastation to their homes.

Prayers for all affected. So sad.
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Down in Lawton, it was a clear blue day. A little windy, but not a drop of rain and hardly any clouds. Friends in Edmond say it was pretty violent up there though.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyRetrievers View Post
    Down in Lawton, it was a clear blue day. A little windy, but not a drop of rain and hardly any clouds. Friends in Edmond say it was pretty violent up there though.

Was praying for everyone at Sooner HT Sunday hoping they wrapped up in plenty of time to get everyone out of the area. More bad weather forecasted today....Oklahoma has some of the best meterologists and weather coverage in the U.S... it truly saves lives. Prayers to the family of the two dead and those injuried, and very sad for the loss of homes, businesses, pets, and precious memories.
    Last edited by frontier; 05-20-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    It was crazy. Tornado about a mile from the hotel. Saw the damage on the way to airport this morning. Not something I'm used too being from Oregon

/Paul
    I've been very close to several small ones. Crazy scary is what they are. When you walk out your door and look into the pasture and your 30 ft rv is 100 yards from where you parked it with both ends blown out and one wall it is a Thank God moment I was in the house and not in that thing.

Prayers for my OK neighbors.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Saw the mess on Fox this am. Hope everyone okay!
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

The storms hit Edmond about 45 minutes after I got home. I was worried for everyone that was still traveling, and staying another night in Shawnee. Hope you all made it home ok, I had a great weekend and it was nice meeting some of you. This was my first time helping out where I could talk to some of you guys and I had a great weekend. I learned a lot from you and can't wait to meet you again when I start running my pup.

Wish I had a camera on me when the thunder started up, I let my dogs out to potty before it all started and we had two huge claps of thunder. Both times I caught my pup looking to the sky to see where his bird was. I think he was a little disappointed when I made him come in.
    "If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves." Thomas A Edison